No announcement yet.

Fruit juice concentrate

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have had a fingerful of liquor and it tastes very nice.Much more concentrated than using fresh fruit.
    Should I join A.A. now or wait until too late!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
      Have 15galls of wine on the go in three five gall. fermenters.Anyone in Devon,I have 10kg boxes of redcurrants,strawberries and cherries ALL needing a home before they go on the compost heap-----HELP!!!!!
      Don't you have a freezer?
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
        Don't you have a freezer?
        I need the freezer room and hate to waste anything...........
        Do keep up, BW! Teehee!

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          If they are pure juices you should be fine Polly. Take care with labels though. Anything with an artificial sweetener will never ferment out to taste 'dry' - you'll always have an underlying sweetness. Sometimes this isn't stated obviously - they may say - 'no added sugar' which can mean they have added something else!
          I once had a real disappointment with a pineapple juice which had artificial sweetner in. It was just yukky when fermented.
          Lucky you!
          Good point that Flum............I seem to recall that if your wine needs sweetening AFTER its fermented you can use saccarin or suchlike because it wont start fermentation again..............so if it's there to start with you've got no chance of a dry wine!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

too much !!

Do you still have the problem of too much to deal with, I visited Shepton Mallet last week but forgot to ask you. How is the brewing going. I froze my grapes untill I can design a grape press for them.

Comment

Yes,I couldn't bring myself to throw it away!!Strawberries,Cherries,Redcurrants,I am sick of the sight of them!!
              I am buying dog meat in small quantities instead of once a month tons!!I will steel myself to bin it all next Thursday,so, anyone interested????

Comment

Yes,I couldn't bring myself to throw it away!!Strawberries,Cherries,Redcurrants,I am sick of the sight of them!!
                I am buying dog meat in small quantities instead of once a month tons!!I will steel myself to bin it all next Thursday,so, anyone interested????
                Sadly I still can't get to you to collect so will have to pass much as it hurts to lose the opportunity.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Brewer-again View Post
                  I froze my grapes untill I can design a grape press for them.
                  You could have a go at making ice wine. I sampled this in Canada in the summer. Personally I thought it was bloody awful (theres a recommendation for you!) but it was very popular judging other peoples reactions.

Basically the grapes are harvested when its -8c or lower. When they are pressed the water is still ice so extracted along with the solid. Only the sweet nectar remains. You don't get as much volume but these bottles of 375ml were selling for $50 upwards It seems Canada is one of the few places that gets long warm light summers for growing the grapes, followed by a cold winter to freeze them.
                  http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Am desperately looking for fruit juice concentrates!

My beloved brought home from work last night(he works for a company that supplies pure fruit juices) gallon bottles of pure cranberry juice,orange juice and raspberry juice.Does anyone know how these can be transformed into wine(or anything else)
                    And if anyone lives near Newton Abbot in Devon and would like to share in this bounty,let me know.
                    I am also a recipient of frozen fruit,strawberries,cherries etc.and hate to see them go to waste.
                    Hi there!

I live in Essex and I would like to have some orange juice concentrate, please.I have searched everywhere on the net without any luck.All the companies that i have seen are selling in bulk.
                    I am in the process of making an orange squash at home and i am stuck
                    Last edited by savanna; 08-05-2008, 07:23 PM.

Comment

hi!

My beloved brought home from work last night(he works for a company that supplies pure fruit juices) gallon bottles of pure cranberry juice,orange juice and raspberry juice.Does anyone know how these can be transformed into wine(or anything else)
                      And if anyone lives near Newton Abbot in Devon and would like to share in this bounty,let me know.
                      I am also a recipient of frozen fruit,strawberries,cherries etc.and hate to see them go to waste.
                      Yes please! i'm in Torquay and me and my missus would like to share, maybe we could do some kind of trade?
                      my email is nipperkip@talktalk.net, thank you

David

Comment

Hi, we live in Torquay and would like to share, we love growing our own stuff and also do alot of fishing, maybe we could trade? our email is nipperkip@talktalk.net.
                        Thanks

David

Comment

David ,

Polly posted this nearly 13 months ago so i'm not sure how fresh the juice will be now

Comment

Originally posted by nipperkip View Post
                            Hi, we live in Torquay and would like to share, we love growing our own stuff and also do alot of fishing, maybe we could trade? our email is nipperkip@talktalk.net.
                            Thanks

David
                            Jim can still get juice and fruit at cost price so if interested give a shout. I believe 10 kgs of strawberries etc. for about eleven quid. P.M. me and I can give you prices.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X