Recycling Redundant Damsons?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling Redundant Damsons?!

With Klever Keith and Scarey Clarey55 coming for lunch tomorrow, Trousers and I bought A Chicken to do a roast for lunch tomorrow.
    With all of the Veggies still in the ground outside the kitchen door and not needing to be harvested until moments before they're needed, I got to thinking about A Stuffing tonight....? And don't. Trousers has already tried that line of humour this evening!

I happened upon a recipe using Port to soak some dried fruit overnight, and I didn't have any Port, which the recipe calls for.
    Lightbulb went off in Wellie's head that said Damson Brandy? but we'd drunk that, so Damson Gin or Vodka came to the rescue (must learn to label things - not sure what dried figs are soaking in now!!!) so that'll be a nice surprise for us all tomorrow, no?!

And now to the point of why I'm telling you this long-winded story!!

The HUGE Le Parfait Kilner Jar that I've got the Olcohol (Hic!) and Damsons in is definitely ready to be strained of its Damsons now, and with SUCH a bad year for Damsons and Sloes, Wellie got to thinking (which is dangerous at the best of times!) and she did think that these Olcolic-Hic! Damsons could actually be recycled..... now how cool is that?
    I do a very mean Sarah Raven Damson Chutney at the best of times.....
    Just how 'even more gorgeous' is it going to be now if I use Damsons from the Voddy or Gin Soaking Kilner in my Chutney?
    I tell you - you'd miss me if I wasn't here!
    In unison: OH NO WE WOULDN'T!
    and Panto Season is only a breath away....

With last years sloes in gin/brandy we then did sloe sherry which was very nice (in fact I preferred it!). After that the fruit wasn't quite as 'useful'. Your chutney sounds interesting though, is there a recipe or do you just 'wing it'!
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 05-10-2008, 08:35 AM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

There's a recipe Manda, and I'll type it up on Season to Taste for you. I'm not 'A Chutney Person' ordinarily, but this one's addictive.

Mmm.... Damson Sherry.... Interesting. I've inherited two bottles of Medium, which isn't my bag (I'm a Tio Pepe or La Ina Girl myself) so I think they'll be next for the Damson Treatment - thanks for the Heads Up !

Comment

The HUGE Le Parfait Kilner Jar that I've got the Olcohol (Hic!) and Damsons in is definitely ready to be strained of its Damsons now, and with SUCH a bad year for Damsons and Sloes, Wellie got to thinking (which is dangerous at the best of times!) and she did think that these Olcolic-Hic! Damsons could actually be recycled..... now how cool is that?
        I do a very mean Sarah Raven Damson Chutney at the best of times.....
        Just how 'even more gorgeous' is it going to be now if I use Damsons from the Voddy or Gin Soaking Kilner in my Chutney?
        I tell you - you'd miss me if I wasn't here!
        In unison: OH NO WE WOULDN'T!
        and Panto Season is only a breath away....[/QUOTE]

Good lord! This is the day before consuming the above (fatal?) stuffing (oh er missus), think of the debris and fallout there'll be after!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X