Blackcurrant Vodka

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackcurrant Vodka

I'm unreasonably excited: this weekend will be 12 weeks since I started my Blackcurrant Vodka so I'll be straining off the fruit & having a boozy fruit topped ice cream treat

Has anyone else tried this? I'd be interested to hear how it turned out for you

I love fruit vodkas, the last one I made was plum vodka, it was delicious!
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

oooo - plum vodka sounds lovely...now who do I know with a plum tree.....

Comment

I’ve also made it with gin! Both are yummy

I’ve actually got loads of plums so I guess that will be something for me to do over the weekend
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Go for it Nicos - starting now you'll have a lovely Christmas/New Year tipple

I was just reading an old thread about 'Rhubarb Schnapps' which was a Rhubarb/Vodka combo recipe - I wish I'd noticed that one when I was giving Rhubarb away earlier in the year

Comment

Next year then…..it’s absolutely delish!…hic…..

Comment

Straining of fruit (& eating of fruit with ice cream & meringue) completed.

I started with 470g fruit, 470ml vodka & 100g sugar & thought it seemed less sugar than I expected at the time. Still another 2 months to go before the recipe I'm using says it's ready to drink but a little snifter sample prompted me to add 2 extra tablespoons of sugar. Does that seem enough?

Comment

Well, I blame you….​​​​​​….I’ve just bought some vodka to make plum vodka for Xmas

I generally only add a tad of sugar then add sugar syrup to taste later on. I’ve even been known to add some IKEA elderflower syrup to some of my concoctions to sweeten them up a bit.
                I find it’s better to add less than you think unless you can cope or have a very sweet tooth

Comment

Lol. Feel free to blame me Nicos - as long as you don't drink it all to yourself & in one session

I'll hold off on adding any more sugar as advised. When it's ready I'll probably mix it with something rather than drinking neat. Now you've recommended a bit of caution I'm thinking it's only logical really that if it's not sweet enough add lemonade & if it is sweet then use tonic instead
                  Last edited by Andraste; 07-08-2023, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X