Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Easier To Make, Whiskey Or Gin?

Im new to this, to be honest i'd rather make whiskey but I want to make the easiest from scratch, can you guys give me as much tips as you can, would be really helpful thank you.

Er.. isn't that illegal??

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

its illegal ? erm as far as I know I dont think so

Comment

It is illegal, Jamie. Do a search on the Vine, and you will find lots of information on the subject. Some quite recent. Wine-making is fine, and loads on here make their own, and beer. The rest of us buy alcohol and add various fruits to make delicious concoctions; ie Sloe Gin, Damson Brandy, Raspberry Vodka...

That reminds me, my Rasperry Voddy must be ready!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            my Rasperry Voddy must be ready!
            Wayhay,all around to G4's place for a booze up
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

* Pulls curtains and locks doors!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieSmith View Post
                its illegal ? erm as far as I know I dont think so
                Before you start to produce spirits you must:

obtain a distiller’s licence. The production of spirits by a person who is not licensed, is an offence for which there is a penalty.

It's dangerous too: http://www.channel4.com/news/police-...ton-blast-site
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 05-10-2011, 09:20 AM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

With luck, the right yeast, and a lot of patience, you MAY manage to ferment something to about 22% alcohol. 17% is actually good going.
                  To get any more than this, you have to distill, which is illegal on a DIY scale. It is even illegal to freeze the water out (which works if the starting alcohol content is high enough, otherwise you just get boozy lollies, which ARE legal, for your own use).
                  There are high alcohol kits which claim to make (for instance) whisky, but it will still be a lot weaker than even the cheapest of bought stuff (typically 30% is as low as it goes).
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Sorry- yes- it is illegal without a licence- sorry- I have to close this thread- there are 'similar' flavoured products on the internet- but not via this site...I'm sure you'll understand!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X