Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wish was D's command: lamb and fig tagine. Figs picked and frozen in Oct 2018. And still very good.
    My cooking contribution yesterday: four small loaves of olive bread and tray of madeleines.

Today
    Lunch: hummus and salad
    Supper: Chickpeas in a Moghlai style, curried green beans and rice.

Bit of a chickpea overload but never mind.

Comment

• Last night was mushroom omlette and tumble salad followed by a slice of cake
      tonight we're having spicy chicken noodle soup followed by a fresh fruit salad.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Homemade quiche with minted new potatoes......……….I'd like to say I made the pie...……………...I didn't SWMBO made it. I'd like to say I grew the tatties...…...……......I didn't came from the farm up the road(probably from the Scilly Isles or Jersey)…...……...………..I did grow the mint.

Comment

• Last night was a quick pizza.

Tonight chicken burger (marinated chicken griddled in a bun) with homemade chips and salad (my own salad)
          Northern England.

Comment

• Lunch: soup, I imagine, seeing as winter has returned.
            Supper: Hasselback pork roast in pressure cooker (made this a few times and it works a treat with parma ham or even finely cut streaky bacon, see here https://www.hippressurecooking.com/h...es-coppa-sage/) with mash and veg.

Comment

• Thanks for the recipe snoop. I barely use ours now . Must get back into using it again and find new recipes.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Tumble salad tonight.
                Our outdoor lettuce are thriving...and we have eggs coming out of our ears!
                (well...not literally cos that would look daft!!!!)

Comment

• Chilli tonight and salad (homegrown salad)
                  Northern England.

Comment

• "
                    Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                    Thanks for the recipe snoop. I barely use ours now . Must get back into using it again and find new recipes.
                    hippressurecooking is quite a good site. Lots of helpful videos and the recipes work very well. I'll never make a cheesecake any other way now, but I was really sceptical at first. Her apple and ricotta cake makes a great pud, though I need an extra couple of minutes, possibly because I use a slightly smaller pan than her.
                    Last night's supper was declared a winner, especially the fake roast potatoes (par-cooked in the pressure cooker and then finished in a frying pan with a bit of duck fat).

Lunch will probably be a soup of some kind.
                    Supper: Home-made tortelli stuffed with serrano ham and mato.

Also, more bread and some carrot and chickpea burgers for the freezer. Maybe some more madeleines, also for the freezer.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-05-2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Chicken curry with basmati rice for us.
                      sharing a bottle of red with some cheese and grapes.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Tumble salad using our own lettuce and eggs...plus a tin of pilchards in tomato sauce
                        Chocolate mousse (made with my own eggs )with frozen raspberries for pud

Comment

• Leftover stir-fry omelettes with a green salad.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Forgot to say, my lovely husbands birthday today.
                            visiting family on the doorstep which was safe.
                            gifts of champagne, cake, strawberries, and chocolates and aged Irish whiskey.
                            So, we had a big dinner.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Have got a bit of a stuffed pasta head on me after yesterday's lunch (meals got swapped round). But can't eat that everyday.

Lunch: definitely soup, as it's a bit chilly here today.
                              Supper: slices of pork loin in a ras el hanout and crumb coating, lemon rice and a bit of salad.

Plus a traybake cake made with oil (https://www.valorange.com/en/blog/re...tray-cake.html) Got loads of bread in the freezer but might even make some more, just as an excuse to keep the range going. Feeling the cold here.

Comment

• Pan fried rainbow trout in butter with Camembert cheese
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X