A Wellie Twist on Lemon Syllabub Recipe

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wellie Twist on Lemon Syllabub Recipe

Okay. Wellie had an idea (take cover Grapes!)
    and whilst faffing around with getting the ingredients ready for a Lemon Syllabub, to blow Moggssue and her OH's sox off this weekend, I read '200ml Dry Sherry' and decided that 200ml of Limoncello would be better....

Shall we 'watch this space' and see how it actually turns out?
    Are we scared? Nah!

Sounds very interesting Wellie.

ps. did you want some Roma tomato seeds?
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Shirley, you're an Angel, but no to the seeds sweetie thanks. Moggssue's OH wanted her to grow some plum toms for him this season, and I've sourced some 'plantlets' for her nearby which I've now had reserved, and we'll collect on Saturday (as she's here at Holly for the weekend) but thank you for thinking anyway. Hugely Kind.XX

Ok. Must go and finish the Limoncello Syllabub, as I'm taking 2 portions of it to The Happy Couple's tomorrow (as a surprise). No, they DO LOVE MY COOKING - Really!

And having now tasted the lemony syrup mixture, I'm going to put a handsome drizzle of that into the bottom of the glass, THEN top it off with a mixture of the rest of it mixed with the cream, so when you dunk your long-handled teaspoon in, you get that alcoholic 'kick' from the bottom of the glass..... halfway up.... and near the top?
      Hey! there's nothing wrong with experimenting in your kitchen when you feel like it, eh?!
      Last edited by wellie; 17-04-2008, 10:28 PM. Reason: Brain went 'Ping' again....!

Comment

Looking forward to hearing how it tastes. Never been a one for vodka but the Limoncello sounds rather nice so might give it a go sometime.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

In the absence of you being able to sensibly put a portion of lemoncello syllabub in the post to me (NOOO! don't try it!!), would you put the recipe up, darlink?

Sounds scrummy!

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
            Looking forward to hearing how it tastes. Never been a one for vodka but the Limoncello sounds rather nice so might give it a go sometime.
            No... really Shirley, you must try it, you must I say. I have never been a vodka fan either but Limoncello is a thing apart.

Wellie, do post the recipe, who knows, I might even get around to making it one day but then again...
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Wellie, take a pic of the finished product for me/us! please

Comment

Oooooo 'cited, 'cited!!! Jumps up and down and makes everyone in the office wonder whats going on!!! I just luuurrrveeee lemoncello and I just luuurrrveeee lemon syllabub ..... Hazel and co, I'll let you alll know just how yummy it is!!!
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

oooooooo, limoncello Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Shirl, I'm not a voddie drinker at ALL, but I have already drained a full bottle of limoncello on my own and started on the other (and trying to restrain myself from being greedy over it). Edit - I did NOT drink it all in one sitting - over about 4 weeks but am not a heavy drinker of spirits so I was actually foresaking the wine bottle in favour of this - and it had been the cheapest vokda in the shop (€13 when Smirnoff was about €24).

It's really just like grown ups lemonade --ooooh yum.

Wellie, I second the calls for a recipe following successful quality assurance checks over the weekend - summer evenings relaxing in the garden are calling (I hope!!).
                    Last edited by Winged one; 21-04-2008, 02:10 PM. Reason: I sound like a lush!!

Comment

Well, what can I say - except yummy yummy and a bit more yummy!!! My OH even had two of them!! I only managed one thanks to the wonderful 'rest of the meal' filling me up but it was THE MOST SCRUMMY thing I think I've ever tasted!!! You DO want the recipe trust me!!!

Thank you darlink Wellie!
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
                        Well, what can I say - except yummy yummy and a bit more yummy!!! My OH even had two of them!! I only managed one thanks to the wonderful 'rest of the meal' filling me up but it was THE MOST SCRUMMY thing I think I've ever tasted!!! You DO want the recipe trust me!!!

Thank you darlink Wellie!
                        *sulk

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          *sulk

Ditto! Lucky Sue.

C'mon Wellie - where's the recipe please?
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

No delay intended, I've just been a busy girl. Sorry.

And a bit like the Shredded Wheat advert Moggie, bet he couldn't eat THREE?!
                            (bet he could...says Trousers)

So: Here We Go, Here We Go, Here We Go....
                            Here We Go, Here We GO, Here We GO-OH !
                            (Sorry, I got carried away there for a minute)

WELLIE'S LIMONCELLO SILLYBLUB:

Serves 8 - (or 7 if Mr. Moggssue wants seconds....!)

200g caster sugar (I used golden)
                            200ml dry sherry (I used Limoncello)
                            finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon (I just used the zest)
                            600ml double cream (I know... I know....)

1. Combine the sugar, Limoncello, & zest in a bowl and stir well.

2. In another bowl, lightly whip the cream, just enough to thicken it slightly.

3. Gently fold the Limoncello mixture into the cream until just combined.

4. Spoon this thickened lemony cream mixture into dead posh tall glasses, or not.

5. Hand on heart, it does taste better if you can stick it in the fridge and let it chill overnight before serving 'proper'.

Look Away Children:
                            Wellie's Personal Culinary Star Rating for this Recipe: Sex in A Glass.......and you MUST make it for your loved one if you truly love him/her.
                            X

Comment

Thanks Wellie sounds delightful, now I just need to find that Lemoncello recipe - was it Piglet that posted it? Bother then I have to wait for the lemoncello to make.

Looks like Wellies Limoncello Sillyblub will be enjoyed somewhen around crimbo!!!
                              Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 23-04-2008, 07:27 AM.
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X