Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a double sized hotpot last night so we could have it tonight…but….we had seconds and now there’s not really even one helping left
    So, I might just pad it up with loads of veggies and just have a taste of it each
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm thinking fish pie tonight with carrots and peas followed by the leftover apple crumble with cream.

Comment

• Roast Gammon joint with veg, Bakewell tart with custard
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Home cooked ham, roast potatoes, brocolli and carrots.
          Stewed apple and custard for desert.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Friend up the valley cooked last night. He's volunteered to do the same tonight. Lucky me.

Comment

• Seeing as I’ve hardly any room in my freezers for bags of cooked apples I made yesterday, I guess it’s going to be something using apples!
              I’ve got some pork steaks somewhere in the freezer so I’m thinking a pork, leek and apple casserole with jacket sweet potato and a side salad of our own lambs lettuce and rocket.
              Last edited by Nicos; 07-11-2023, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Sweet potatoes here as well Nicos with mackerel, mixed lettuce, spring onions, we have a couple of Black cherry toms ripened and a Beth alpha cuc in the fridge.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last night I made tomato and basil soup. I can't believe that for years I thought I didn't like basil.

I've got some pork loin steaks in the fridge. Tonight I think I'll batter them with the rolling pin until they're thin and, coat them in flour, egg and breadcrumbs, and shallow fry them. We'll have them with roasted sweet potato chunks topped with blue cheese, carrots, peas and some kind of sauce.

Comment

• Lasagne and salad followed by Apple pie and custard

Comment

• Meatballs in a pasta, tomato, mushroom and onion sauce.

Comment

• Soup followed by roast chicken served with pasta in a mushroom sauce
                        Fruit and jelly for pud

Comment

• I think tonight will be haggis, mashed potato and swede, broccoli, carrots and a creamy gravy.

I'm also thinking about making a pudding, but not getting any inspiration.

Comment

• Beef and veg casserole this evening.

Comment

• I've just made 6 chicken and 12 beef burgers so it will probably be beans on toast Rest of the Apple pie and cream minus one piece which has gone to a neighbour.

Comment

• Ham and sausage cassoulet with beans and split peas.

I ‘ve just made a Dorset apple cake for pud, to have with cream, ice cream or nothing…just fancied something cinamonney..plus I still have half a barrow full of apples to use up
                                Last edited by Nicos; 09-11-2023, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X