Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Kiev, oven chips, sneaky salad (with the last of the shop bought mayo) and a fresh cream and strawberry donut. Retirement is going to get obvious on my waistline!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• A sort of ‘left over buffet ‘ here
      Oysters ( last of the ones we brought back), tomato and mozzarella salad, spicy mackerel, cucumber reiter, and a lambs lettuce salad with olives, and chopped apple.
      Pomelo for pud
      Last edited by Nicos; 18-05-2023, 03:11 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just wandering does anyone else have their pudding before dinner
        Every day around this time we have a dish of fruit, today was banana, grapes, pineapple and mango. Then we have our evening meal around 7 ish.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sounds wonderfully refreshing Bren.
          Nah…pudding for me after the main meal. My instincts demand fruity/ chocolatey and creamy , but I try and have as much fresh fruit instead

(When my kids were tiny I used to offer pud first as they were ravenous and needed the sugar boost)

Comment

• Nicos I’m not really keen on chocolate unless it’s a Cornetto plus I don’t like cream either.
            I do love sponge pud and custard so we have that usually at lunchtime.

Comment

• My first choice is always fruit and custard…hot or cold and in any combination with a few sugary carbs thrown in!

I blame my granny…she was a steamed pudding and custard fiend

Comment

• Steak pie, chips, peas and gravy.

Comment

• We were going to have salmon until I came on here to write it in but then somebody (Bren) put the idea of meat pie in my head and it won't go away. I can practically taste it and smell it.

I think I'll get a bag of leftover beef stew out of the freezer that will do for the base and make some pastry to go on top. We'll have it with mash and broccoli and carrots.

Comment

• Interesting about eating fruit before your main course, Bren In Pots. I've certainly read it's better to have melon for a starter than for pudding because it's so much more digestible than anything else that it needs to go first, so to speak. Maybe the same is true of other fruit as well.

As for here, no cooking for me today at all. Leftover lentil soup and off out for supper with visitors.

Comment

• All change again. I'd got stew out to defrost but then the sun came out and it got very warm and then Mr GF had a bucket of leftover soup and a mountain of bread at lunchtime so maybe something a little lighter will be better.

It will be salmon baked with lemon and capers, couscous and courgette fritters.

Comment

• Melon and Parma ham ( there ya go Bren ​​​​​​) followed by mushroom risotto

Comment

• I personally never eat fruit, or a starter before my main meal.
                          I have a very small appetite so just eat my dinner.
                          8 usually have fruit with, or after my breakfast.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Huge throwout last night, so probably just a sandwich tonight. I'm fancying potted meat for a change, I like that with beetroot.
                            We rarely have a starter at home, but I do like a fruit starter when we go out to eat
                            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 20-05-2023, 09:50 AM.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Tonight will be the meat pie we were going to have yesterday with mash, carrots and broccoli.

Comment

• Well, when I got up it looked miserable, so I defrosted some lamb stewing steak and it’s gently simmering away on the hob.
                                Yes- you guessed, it’s hot and sunny outside- UV 8 so I’ve come inside until it gets a bit cooler.
                                All I fancy at the moment is a tumble salad. We can always freeze the stew.
                                We’ll see, as we do have some beetroot needing eating up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X