Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon, mashed potatoes brocolli and carrots.
    Stewed rhubarb and whipped cream.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've just given Mr GF a couple of choices for tonight's meal and he has gone for salmon baked with lemon and capers, homemade tartare sauce, new potatoes, carrots and broccoli.

Strawberries and cream

There's some cooked braising steak leftover from yesterday so I'm going to zap that with some melted butter, thyme, nutmeg and a bit of it's own gravy to make potted meat for sarnies for lunchtime.

Comment

• Aubergine parmigiana last night.

Off up the valley for supper, so no cooking for tonight. But will make some more jam tarts with leftover pastry and get some sourdough bread started for baking tomorrow.

Edited to add: Ginger cake for the weekend.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 18-08-2023, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• I’m making a cross between a lasagna and moussaka using some pasta but mostly courgette in an effort to attack the ever increasing glut
          One for the freezer too. Not that there’s room
          Also my first apple and blackberry ( juice) crumble of the year with cream.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Slight change of plan. OH had defrosted lamb chops without me realising so we’ll have those with runner beans and courgette fritters and probably freeze both lasagnas.

Comment

• Plenty of Italian potato salad left so something with that probably mackerel.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and bol.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight meatballs with a spicy tomato sauce, some non string like pasta, probably macaroni, garlic bread and a side salad.

Strawberries and cream (yet again).

Comment

• Bit similar to mine gf
                    Gnocchi with mince and grated courgette in a tomatoey spicy sauce served with crunchy sourdough bread
                    Stewed apple and cream for pud
                    Last edited by Nicos; 19-08-2023, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Big fat lamb loin chops (my favourite cut) with baked toms and courgettes, plus chips. No pud planned, but I will be making cherry cake (ginger cake is still on hold) so maybe some of that with a dollop of cream, but doubtful we'll have room.

Two seed sourdough loaves.

Comment

• Cheese burgers, garlic wedges and battered onion rings
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Chicken stirfry with basmati rice.
                          Stewed apple and custard.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We were going to have friends over for a bbq this lunch time but had to change venue to their place at the last minute….but we’re still providing the food as most was all prepared yesterday.
                            So - basically a Middle Eastern type of bbq with all the ‘fiddly bits’ to start with.

Comment

• I've got chicken defrosting to make chicken goujons. I think we'll have them with couscous and an avocado and tomato salad. Flo has just put the idea of onion rings into my head too so I'll make sure I've got some beer in the fridge for the batter.(Cook obviously gets the leftover beer).

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Going to be hard to beat last night's meal. Decided to roast the chops in the end, they were so big. Did them with a tamarind and Worcestershire Sauce sauce. Baked pots in the end rather than chips. No idea how but we also managed to eat half the cherry cake

Quail tonight with figs in a Middle Eastern sauce - no saffron but not sure who else would notice, what with the chilli flakes and pomegranate molasses. Probably with rice and a tomato and grated carrot salad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X