Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk of middle Eastern food has made me decide to mix some Sumac in with my breadcrumbs instead of sage. If anyone has got a good recipe for "matabe" or "metabel" please let me know. It's a Lebanese aubergine dip which I have tried to make many times in the last forty years. I have tried recipes from the internet without success.

Comment

• I've just looked in Arabesque by Claudia Roden and have found this recipe in the Lebanese section of the book:
      https://quatrecoinsdumonde.wordpress...-baba-ghanouj/

Even though it is titled Baba Ghanouj, it looks to be very similar to this:
      https://www.whiskaffair.com/mutabal-...healthy%20fats.

As far as I can see, the difference is that this recipe for mutabal contains onion as well as garlic.

Any use?
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-08-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Toad in the hole with roasties, carrots and french beans.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1232.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2567366 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1230.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	1,022.9 KB
ID:	2567367 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1231.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	992.7 KB
ID:	2567368 Gf- I’ve found this recipe in my 40 year old cookery book!
          Slightly different name but I guess it’s a similar thing?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thanks Nicos and Snoop. I'll try again this Summer with these recipes. It was something I used to love. I don't know the true spelling, there seem to be many.

Comment

• Gf - let us know which recipe tastes the most like the one you remember. I imagine the original recipe would vary from home to home, like my mom’s cottage pie would taste different to your mom’s.
              Last edited by Nicos; 21-08-2023, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• It's funny you should say that Nicos, I've never put carrots and peas in the mince for cottage pie, but all the recipes I've seen do include them. My mum taught me how to make it, so I've never followed a recipe. I use only butter (no milk or cream) to mash the spuds too and I rarely add grated cheese on top.

Looking for inspiration today, but we are having strawberries
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I was struggling for inspiration this morning, particularly as tomorrow is shopping day and the I haven't got anything out of the freezer.

Inspiration.....Quiche of some kind. I've got eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and assorted veg. Probably with salad.

Nectarines and cream.

Nicos, I will certainly let you know about the recipes when Ihave tried them. Tahini is top of my list for the next time I go to Sainsbury's.

Comment

• We're having a Beef and veg casserole this evening.

Comment

• Left over bbq kebabs and Merguez sausages etc from yesterday. A side salad of our tomatoes and cucumber.

Comment

• Up the valley for supper tonight, so no cooking for me. Phew!

Comment

• Tonight leek and potato soup with fresh bread and butter.

Nectarines and cream.

Comment

• Lasagna with a side of our own freshly picked broccoli shoots rolled in butter.
                            Blueberry tart and yog for pud

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Lasagna with a side of our own freshly picked broccoli shoots rolled in butter.
                              Blueberry tart and yog for pud
                              We've just had lasagna too but without pasta! Courgette lasagne.
                              and French beans.(we eat our main meal 1 or 2 pm.)
                              Last night for tea we had French bean salad with Black Russian tomatoes and halloumi.

Comment

• Soup with toasted cheese sandwiches, we had pasties at lunchtime.

MrsB I’ve not made lasagna using courgettes but keep meaning to give it a go instead of using pasta.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X