Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing of yesterdays cottage pie with sprouts this time.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pea and saffron risotto last night.

M is cooking supper, he says. In which case, I'll start off some pizza dough for Sunday and a sourdough starter for another couple of Sicilian bread loaves.

Comment

• Homemade sausages ( first time making them!) probably with mash and beans
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Last night I decided that Mr GF's smoked haddock looked a bit small. I was cooking it in milk in the oven, so about 10 minutes before it was cooked I took it out, broke an egg into the milk and put it back into the oven. He was very impressed with it and wants it like that every time he says.

Tonight I think chicken and mushroom pie with carrots, sprouts, mashed potato and gravy.

Comment

• What a fantastic idea gf!….I’ve poached eggs in tomato based sauces with bean/ veggie stews before now, but never thought of adding them to hot milk. Egg and smoked haddock is a perfect pairing!

Comment

• Presuming that I end up with something edible out of the breadmaker shortly, after the poor thing attempted to knead a "brick" in the early hours (as I had not added enough water to it) we will be having soup, probably tomato, and fresh bread.

I also MUST make some Christmas puddings this weekend.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 16-12-2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Left over sausage meat burgers with yesterday’s left over mash and beans.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and Bol.

Comment

• Fish and chips last night, what is becoming (nod to Bren) our usual burger and curly fries tonight.
                    Last edited by Florence Fennel; 16-12-2023, 04:38 PM.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Rosemary/garlic lamb steaks, Charlottes, sprouts, carrots with some french beans from the freezer.

Comment

• The oven is going to be working overtime today. Must check the gas bottle, make sure it'll last!

Pizzas with assorted toppings, for lunch, followed by oranges in a rum and brown sugar syrup. Mincemeat cake if anyone wants it.

Two sourdough loaves of Sicilian bread, dough rising nice and slowly down in the basement alongside the pizza dough since yesterday. With any luck the bread can stay there till tomorrow (currently 11 ºC down there), but if not, I'll bake those this evening as well.

Comment

• Not really sure, but I’m fancying mushroom risotto with a side salad.
                          Thing is, the wood fire/ oven is lit so it seems a bit daft not popping a casserole in it…

Comment

• Last night:- a short roast leg of lamb (the one I got from the butchers was more like 'leg of elephant', so I sawed it in half), with parsnips, King Edwards spuds, sprouts, carrots and asparagus. Oh and about a gallon of mint sauce.

Tonight:- Boeuf Bourguignon in the slow cooker made with brisket. Mashed Maris Piper spuds as accompaniment.
                            Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• In the end we had home made koftas and tortillas with beetroot salad, lambs lettuce and Greek yog.

Tomorrow I have a curry prepared to cook in the woodstove.

Comment

• Tonight we've had salmon baked with lemon, potatoes dauphinoise, peas and sweetcorn.

Tomorrow has just got to be something spicy......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X