Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up the valley to M's for supper tonight.

Last night's imam bayildi was OK for half of us and not for the other half. M and guest thought it was great (I don't think they were just being polite, though that's always possible), Mr Snoop and I did not. A recurring theme is starting to appear. A while back (not that long ago, though) I cooked something with home-grown tomatoes (in the freezer since 2018 ). Anything I've cooked with tinned toms since then has tasted sour or rubbish to us. Looks like it's going to have to be home-grown toms from here on in.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-03-2024, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Snoop that's the only draw back to home-grown we get used to having tasty ingredients to cook with.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday’s left overs.
        An orange and yog for pud. Have to say though that the latest bag of oranges aren’t as tasty. Is the season over Snoop or did I just get a duff bag?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^Possibly a duff bag, Nicos. It is starting to get a bit late but we're still buying relatively local ones and they're good.

Might even have to think about bottling toms, Bren. Perhaps a step too far this year... maybe next.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-03-2024, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• My favourite way of preserving tomatoes so that the don't take up too much space is to oven dry/roast with olive oil and then freeze.

I've no idea what we're having tonight but I'm going shopping shortly. Maybe Mr GF will give me inspiration.

Comment

• Soooop and/or a sandwich tonight and a Darkmilk lolly.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I've been shopping. We've just had toasted hot cross buns for a snack so probably just soup and bread tonight.

I'm already thinking this in the slow cooker tomorrow night:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...chicken-thighs

Comment

• Looks nice GF.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• ^Thanks, that link looks good.

Comment

• Tuna pasta bake with ciabatta bread.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Change of plan here. I've put the slow cooker chicken off until tomorrow because I found some bacon in the fridge that wants using up. So, baked macaroni cheese with bacon in it and a green salad tonight. I don't think I've ever made it before but I like the idea of it.

Comment

• Off out for lunch today. So it might be beans on toast, if anything at all.

Comment

• Naked beans I hope Snoopy

Liver and Sausage casserole tonight and I've made a lasagne to portion into 6 for the freezer.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I bought some fresh tuna yesterday so it’s that with french beans and our own psb with a seaweed and lemon sauce

Blueberries and yog for pud
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Naked beans it is, Flo. Noast for sure. Maybe a bit of nacon too. And the noast will of course require a bit of nutter.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-03-2024, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X