Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^ ‘darne’…that’s a very French/ Breton word Bramble!
    Not heard that for a long time!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Left overs tonight. Simples!

Comment

• Foil baked Tuna steaks with Charlottes, french beans, carrots and onions.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last night's mushroom soup was a big success, Mr GF even finished it off for his supper.

If I don't go and do a grory hop today it will be either a fish pie with cod from the freezer OR fishfingers OR omelette.

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Chicken, chard, runner beans and our own beetroot.
            Orange and yog for pud

Comment

• Mushroom and veg lasagne this evening. Cheese and garden salad sandwiches for lunch.

Comment

• Even though I did a grory hop yesterday we still had fish fingers, hash browns, peas and parsley sauce followed by strawberries and cream.

Mr GF went off mince when he suddenly decided to be picky about food, but we were watching something on TV the other night and somebody made a shepherd's pie and he commented "Oh, I could just eat that". I bought mince yesterday, so fingers crossed🤞he still feels the same when I make shepherd's pie tonight.

Comment

• We had baked potatoes with mató plus salad yesterday. Too much wine too. An extra too lobbed in there because it really was too much...

Going to give your pasta, courgette and bean bake a go today, Bren. No orzo but I do have some angel hair pasta, so I'll use that instead. There's a dish here called fideuà, vaguely like a paella but with angel hair pasta instead. So I'll call it a baked vegetarian fideuà. Grapes for afters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    We had baked potatoes with mató plus salad yesterday. Too much wine too. An extra too lobbed in there because it really was too much...

Going to give your pasta, courgette and bean bake a go today, Bren. No orzo but I do have some angel hair pasta, so I'll use that instead. There's a dish here called fideuà, vaguely like a paella but with angel hair pasta instead. So I'll call it a baked vegetarian fideuà. Grapes for afters.
                    Fideuà.... drool, drool. (Preferably with seafood and meat). I think I prefer it to paella

Comment

• ^^^ never heard of it!….just printing off a recipe

Comment

• Lasagne from the freezer, strawberries and ice cream.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I love fideuà. Usually served with prawns or shrimp on top, which sadly I'm allergic to. So just fideuà with alioli for me, and still a winner every time.

Fideuà is such a big deal, in fact, that you can buy angel hair pasta in all kinds of thicknesses to suit your preferences. Me, I like the very fine noodles.

But guess what? We had no courgettes! Unbelievable at this time of year. So hake in breadcrumbs, green beans sauteed in garlic and julienne potato cake for today. The verdict is: lunch out tomorrow (again) and shopping on the way home, to include courgettes.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-08-2024, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Home cooked ham with a salad, home made cole slaw and baked potato
                            Stewed apples and custard.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Another bungit stew with as many home grown things as possible (courgettes, pepper, chillis, tomatoes, runner beans and thyme)
                              Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Jacket potatoes with veggie chilli, pitta breads and salad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X