This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Slow cooker braising steak with mushrooms, Carrots, parsnips, sprouts and mashed potatoes,
    Same again this evening.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Bit of a change of plan yesterday- the pastry I defrosted wasn’t the right one for a quiche so I decided to make a chicken pie instead.
      Also some mini pizzas in a muffin tin…..as well as the ham shank and sausage casserole and rice pudding!
      All cooked for free in and on the woodstove.
      So last night we had the chicken pie with a side salad, and tonight will be the casserole.
      (Pizzas are in the freezer- sort of defeating using up some defrosted food!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Liver and Sausage casserole, veg mash and peas. Enough for two meals, so will freeze half. I'm trying it with a tin of French Onion soooop chucked in to avoid slicing onions
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I've been struggling to decide what to have all morning. Eventually I've decided on prawns which are now defrosting. I'm now trying to decide between prawn and sweet potato curry with naan OR prawn, sweetcorn and pea risotto.

Comment

Instead of doing the casserole in the oven, in an attempt to save energy, I'm trying it in the microwave.

Comment

Have you thought of getting a slow cooker Flo I use mine a fair bit.
              Only downside is the delicious smell make me hungry mid afternoon.

Comment

I'm another lover of the slow cooker. I even made my mincemeat, adapted from Delia's recipe, in it this Christmas. I've got curry in it now.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 08-01-2024, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I keep thinking about a slow cooker- when our Esse is lit in autumn/winter/ early Spring, I make casseroles in it then freeze them. Probably useful in summer ?
                  I make yogurt in a thermos flask…so , please, can you share the uses of them please apart from stews/ casseroles…..?

Comment

I cook my mushy peas in the slow cooker, briskets good and you can make puddings and cakes.

Comment

Only ever use my slow cooker for stews.
                      Having a beef stew this evening and other half for tomorrow.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

slow cookers are great Nicos. Mrs G does pulled pork and pulled chicken in ours, plus the usual stews, and soups, chilli, I do Rice puds in it
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

Lentil, mushroom and kale stew

Comment

The microwave casserole was perfect and so much quicker
                            I gave my slow cooker to my middle GG. She's quite a dab hand at using it. All her meals are planned in it this week. She and her partner both work full time, so it works well for her.

Corned beef and Branston sandwich for Himself, Chicken Tikka wraps for me. Apple pie and cream.
                            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 09-01-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Pressure cooker user here. As if you didn't already know!

Just had lunch. Vegetable and lentil soup, made in a pressure cooker.
                              Supper tonight: last of the sausage casserole. Made in a pressure cooker.

Will make rabbit pie filling tomorrow. Undoubtedly in a pressure cooker.

That said, if I had mains electricity, I'd probably have a slow cooker.

Comment

Left over ham hock and sausage casserole tonight with french beans and defrosted Irish soda bread. Plums and custard for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X