Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice one Snoop!…I was deffo in the zone for joining you with that yesterday!
    After loads of deliberation this morning we’ve decided to go with mozzarella and mushroom omelette with a side salad .Defrosted peaches and Skyr for pud
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Today salmon, pea and sweetcorn risotto.

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Doro and misir wat for lunch. (Not sure if that should be 'wats'.) Mandarins for afters.

Edited: big salad for tea.

Also, chicken dopiaza for the freezer.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-06-2024, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Fishfinger cobs, lettuce and Tatar sauce with homemade coleslaw.

French stick and soup for lunch.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not very sure at the moment - I’m thinking stuffed chicken breast - or a roll of turkey- with feta and spinach. It’s be nice with a spicy tomatoey sauce and rice but Bren has got me thinking a homemade coleslaw would be rather yummy with a side salad with it.
            I’ll let OH decide!
            Maybe the weather will help with the decision- either way I need to skip dive into the chest freezer to see what we have in there!

Orange for pud.

Comment

• I was really struggling for ideas. Bren, you have inspired me. Fishfinger rolls here too, with hash browns, peas and homemade tartare sauce.....I'm sure I spotted some fish fingers in the freezer yesterday when I was trying to chill some wine quickly.

Strawberries and cream.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 03-06-2024, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Lasagne from the freezer with a sneaky salad and crusty bread. Strawberries and cream. I haven't made a birthday cake this year, the strawberries will do
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Final decision was rice and quinoa with the stuffed meat.
                  Tasty, but not something I’d rave about. Needed many more herbs and spices on top of the extras I added.

Comment

• Bank holiday Mondsy.
                    We treated ourselves to steak, with lots of roast veg and roasted potatoes.
                    Desert, strawberries and ice cream.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Have some chipotle marinated pork in the freezer so that will become something. Perhaps with cream and mushrooms, new potatoes and salad
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Amazingly "the faddy one" loved his fish fingers, hash browns, peas and tartare sauce last night. He now wants it every week! It's just as well, as he decided he didn't like Sea bass any more last week, and I am struggling to find foods that he'll eat that have much protein in them.

Today I'm thinking sweetcorn and chicken soup, out of the freezer, unless I see something else I fancy more that he'll eat.

Strawberries if there are nice ones around.

Comment

• ^Good luck, GF. Do you keep tabs on how much protein you both eat?

Pork schnitzel with salad for us tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            ^Good luck, GF. Do you keep tabs on how much protein you both eat?

Pork schnitzel with salad for us tonight.
                            I never used to until Mr GF became so faddy. His favourite food is soup, and he has "gone off" most meat except bacon. If he wants soup, he gets lots of parmesan to sprinkle over. I try and sneak extra milk and eggs into things too.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I never used to until Mr GF became so faddy. His favourite food is soup, and he has "gone off" most meat except bacon. If he wants soup, he gets lots of parmesan to sprinkle over. I try and sneak extra milk and eggs into things too.
                              Not easy, GF. I remember when my dad was in hospital and they were forever trying to get him to drink milkshakes just to get some protein in him. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Not easy, GF. I remember when my dad was in hospital and they were forever trying to get him to drink milkshakes just to get some protein in him. Good luck.
                                When the weather is nice he actually likes milkshakes for a snack. My sister, a nurse, gave me a tip to also add a spoonful of extra milk powder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X