Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something with leftover chicken. I'm deciding between curry OR risotto.

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      How were the fish and chips, Flo?
      Delicious! Firm white cod with a thin crispy batter and proper chips. Gave them a good reviews and they've given me £3 off my next order. Result

Huge breakfast this morning so picky bits tonight.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Delicious! Firm white cod with a thin crispy batter and proper chips. Gave them a good reviews and they've given me £3 off my next order. Result
        Definitely a result.

Fortunately we don't have take-aways anywhere near us. If we did, and they were that good, it would be altogether too tempting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
          Chicken Korma for lunch. MIL should be able to cope with it. Just about to start assembling the makings.
          Forgot that the recipe in the cook book (Complete Indian Cookbook by Michael Pandya) is considerably more robust than 'jam jar' kormas. I was the only one not breaking out into a sweat.

Note to self:- Use a teaspoon of crushed Jalapeño rather than the (mild-ish) lemon drops next time.
          Last edited by Mark Rand; 14-07-2024, 07:11 PM.
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Brunch today: Greek sausage and green pepper stew with white beans to pad it out a bit.

Comment

• Beef and veg soup.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last night ended up as chicken, brocolli, and sweetcorn risotto followed by strawberries and cream.

I also put the chicken carcass in the slow cooker and made more chicken stock.

I think I'll get some cod out of the freezer and make a fish pie for tonight.

Strawberries and cream again if I can get some.

Comment

• Left over Guinea fowl and veggies with extra chard.
                  I’ve made stock with the bones too gf.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^ add Yorkshire pudding to that. Yum

Comment

• Last night tuna, egg and new potato salad
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Brunch today will be tortilla, Spanish charcuterie, mixed salad and bread. Had hoped to do aubergine parmigiana, but more effort than I can contemplate today.

Edited because it turns out I haven't even got the energy for wraps and a bean salad, which I had originally planned. The charcuterie will be popular and will merely involve me in opening packets.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 16-07-2024, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Definitely soup today. Tomato and basil I think, made with homemade chicken stock and served with a dish of parmesan and bread and butter.

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Well, I was thinking of turkey and leek pasta, then turkey and leek rissotto…then sat and contemplated , and after a bit of internal wresting at the ‘guilt’ of yesterdays Yorkshire puddings, crumble ( and half a family pack of Revels) I decided it just has to be salad today.
                            So, tumble salad it is then with avacado and turkey as the guest ingredients.
                            Fresh cherries off the tree for dessert.

Comment

• Last night was Cottage Pie with Savoy cabbage then strawberries and cream.
                              Tonight will be lasagne and salad, more strawberries and cream.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Fish fingers and chips with a big dollop of ketchup for supper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X