Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbq -pork teriyaki, bean salad, green salad and crusty bread toasted either done brushetta with tomatoes or garlic and cheese topped
    Northern England.

Comment

• Tortellini Minestrone Soup with a slice or 2 of sourdough.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight fishcakes, potato scallops in beer batter, carrots, peas and parsley sauce.

UNLESS I should find myself anywhere near the nice fish and chip shop at a suitable time.😜

Comment

• Throw Out Fish and chips for Himself. I'm perusing the menu, might try the pizza, or I've made chicken tikka wraps this morning with the left over peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions, so I might have a couple of them.
          ​​​​​
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Doro and misir wat. Yogurt to cool the palate afterwards.

Comment

• Tonight I'm going to make mushroom soup and serve it with crispy bacon bits, parmesan cheese and bread and butter.

Strawberries and cream (hopefully).

Comment

• Bbq . Have to make the mist of the weather.
                Curried chicken skewers , will have with salad and new potatoes.

Tomorrow we are having homemade burger in bun with chips
                Northern England.

Comment

• In theory, another baked avocado pear with blue cheese, plus salad. Unfortunately, I've just picked up the avocado pear and it's one of those where you can feel the flesh has pulled away from the skin. No idea what the flesh itself will be like. Fish if it's no good. Fruit of some kind for afters.

Comment

• Pizza was delicious last night.

Chicken tikka wraps with salad tonight and more of the coffee and walnut cake with cream. Looks like I'll be throwing it away - my visitors either don't do cake, or they're dieting, such a shame

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      Pizza was delicious last night.

Chicken tikka wraps with salad tonight and more of the coffee and walnut cake with cream. Looks like I'll be throwing it away - my visitors either don't do cake, or they're dieting, such a shame
                      Can you not freeze the cake...in slices? I even freeze leftover sponge cake to eventually go in the bottom of trifles.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 07-09-2024, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Agree, try freezing it. Admittedly I freeze cakes without frosting, but if you slice it up into portions and just take out whatever you need at the time, it might be worthwhile. Shame just to throw it out.

Comment

• You're right of course Snoop and GF, I'll just have to find room amongst the apples

Comment

• Daft question - the cake is decorated with halves of walnuts. Do they freeze, or should I take them off?

Comment

• Our usual tagliatelle, bol, garlic bread, pesto and parmesan.

A drawer in my freezer has all sorts of bits and bobs that I didn't want to compost they all find their way into a soup or pudding.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Home made chicken curry with rice.
                                Cheese and crackers with a glass of red.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X