Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold BBQ chicken with salad tonight. Our own lettuce, cucumber, rocket, beetroot, egg, cooked courgette and french beans,
    Yog for pud
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

So happy for you. Why no cake????
      Forgot to take it out of the freezer GF
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Lasagne and salad. Egg custard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Forgot to take it out of the freezer GF
          No microwave Flo?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

No microwave Flo?
            Yes Nicos - why didn't I think of that?

Comment

• Chicken plus veg in a cast-iron marmite. Mr Snoop dropped the lid off my chicken brick... I've had this marmite for a while and only rarely used it when we have lots of visitors that need feeding. Fingers crossed it does the job, as it would save me buying another chicken brick. Weighs a ton, mind.

For afters, strawberries and mascarpone (masquerading as clotted cream - obviously not cc, but the best I can do here).

Comment

• Snoop I did a search for ' cast-iron marmite' I did think it was a typo at first so its similar to my Dutch oven but shallower and has straight sides.

Mushroom and veg lasagne with salad and sourdough this evening.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I searched for 'cast iron marmite' too. Not a description I'd heard before. It looks very useful and heavy. I do like cast iron for cooking, but some of mine weigh an absolute ton.

Last night I made tomato soup. We had it with grated parmesan and soft bread and butter. Strawberries and cream.

Tonight I think salmon, pea and sweetcorn risotto. Strawberries and cream if there are any nice ones. If not orange jelly with mandarins in it and cream.

Comment

• That's interesting, Bren. Nicos will be able to clarify the traditional shape of a marmite, but the one I saw on Wikipedia looks nothing like mine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creuset-Mar...079JXTJLC?th=1 Don't look at the price, I paid a pittance in comparison with that No idea why, except possibly it was being sold off just to get rid of stock because no-one was buying them. It is a ridiculously large item, but very useful for stews and the like when we have families visiting. The lid is a large proportion of the total weight, so I move it around without the lid on.

Anyway, the chicken itself was very good, possibly better even than in the brick, says Mr Snoop. But the veg did burn a little bit around the edges, tastily so, actually, but that means it's going to be hard work to clean the pot.

Unsurprisingly, cold chicken with salad today. Which will at least compensate for the effort of washing up the pot. More strawberries for afters.

Comment

• Throw Out Friday

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X