This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakewell pudding.

Got an easy life today, as neighbours have invited us for lunch, so taking the Bakewell pud for afters.

Comment

• We were out all yesterday so no Tagliatelle and Bol for Saturday evening.

This evening oven baked fish with Charlottes, french beans, peas and carrots.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• No goose apparently - turns out it’s just too expensive to run at the vide grenier, so I’m glad my back up plan of defrosting the Guinea fowl has worked out!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No fresh meat or fish in the fridge! What shall I make?

There's leftover beef stew that I could make a Yorkshire pudding with or that I could make into a steak and veg pie, there's cod in the freezer that I could make into a fish pie, there's both raw and cooked chicken in the freezer, or Lincolnshire sausage. I've got plenty eggs....omelette OR quiche? A tin of corned beef....corned beef hash with a poached egg on top? I could make mushroom soup or curried sweet potato soup. Or even fish fingers.

Nothing is really jumping out at me. I suppose I should just be thankful that I've got lots of choice.

Comment

• What did you decide on eventually gf?

From that choice I’d be fancying the beef stew with dumplings and roasted veg?

OH is cooking Sunday roast for me so I’ve made him a Dorset apple cake as a treat.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We had dumplings with the beef stew yesterday, so maybe the leftovers tomorrow I think.

I've just made pastry for a little apple pie for dessert with cream or ice cream. I might throw a few frozen blackberries in the pie, too. Mr GF has picked fish fingers, hash brown waffles, carrots, peas and parsley sauce for a main course........hardly traditional Sunday dinner fare....but it's what he fancies and I did let him pick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X