• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left overs …plus defrosted cherries for pud
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Roast chicken with veg in the marmite.

After you mentioned them on the potato recipes thread, GF, I'm going to try hasselback potatoes in the pot. As the pot is covered, they'll steam for the first part before I take the lid off, when with any luck they'll go nice and crispy. They always look good, but they're quite tough, I find. With any luck, the preliminary steaming will improve the texture.

Comment

• Salmon, mashed potatoes, peas, beans and corn.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A Fry-up - bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns, tinned tomatoes and naked beans. Himself will love it, I'm not so keen. Egg custard after for him, I've got a strawberry mousse.

I remember years ago trying Roll Mops. I liked them, but they didn't like me at all
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Roll mopped herring- that brings back memories of cookery classes at school when I was 11.
            Absolutely rubbish lessons back then tbh.
            One lesson was making roll mop herrings. Yeh… really useful
            We had to take a bowl in our round bottomed wicker baskets ( covered over with a budgie cage plastic cover( bit like an oval hairnet)
            I used to cycle to school so had to get the bus on that day and I recall all the vinegar spilling down the length of the bus. Looked like I’d peed myself
            My basket stank of vinegar for months.

Actually I do rather like them now - with a hard boiled egg and mayonnaise and Irish soda bread. IKEA do a selection but the dill one is my favourite.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• As I've just been to big Sainsburys especially for some of Mr GF's favourite bacon (not mentioning the blue cheese that Mr GF doesn't like, that jumped in the basket🤫) we're having bacon, eggs and tomato tonight. Strawberries and cream.

Nicos, your school sounds a lot like mine. We had oblong wicker baskets, with the obligatory shower cap cover. None of my attempts at cookery at school were remotely successful. And as for sewing. The domestic science teachers just gave up on me.

Comment

• I still have my wicker basket once I’d left school it was used as a sewing basket. In the 1970’s for groceries now it’s knitting basket.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I too had a wicker basket with a shower cap top. I remember making a gingham apron in my House colour in Needlework to wear in Domestic Science. The only thing I remember making is Mousakka! I think my dad was horrified
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X