Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poached eggs on toast, cheesecake after.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Last night neither of us were hungry. We had leftover soup followed by strawberries and cream.

Tonight Mr GF's current favourite meal. Risotto (salmon, sweetcorn and pea) followed by more strawberries and cream.

Comment

• I wasn’t really fancying another salad , but gf, you’ve given me the idea of a mushroom risotto with a side salad. OH loves adding wild mushrooms and white wine to enhance the flavour.
        Mmmm…very much fancying that now!- Thanks.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Impulse purchase of a couple of different brands of Crème brûlée for pud.
          I usually make my own, but just fancied one without the faff.
          We’ll have an official tasting session
          ( we’ll, that’s my excuse)

Comment

• Pasta with whatever sauce I can come up with. Raspberries for pud. And a decent bottle of wine. We've both worked really hard this week and definitely deserve it.

Comment

• Mushroom stir fry with sauteed pak choy on the side.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight I'm going to make a cottage pie for a change. (We haven't had one for ages). We'll probably have it with cavallo nero.

If there are any strawberries available we'll have some of them for pudding. If not I'll settle for a slice of thickly buttered banana loaf.

Comment

• Steak and chips with a creamy mushroom sauce followed by creme brûlée

Comment

• Pork chops roasted in an apple gravy, hasselback potatoes (they worked well sitting in a bit of liquid the other day, so should be OK with the gravy) and cabbage and bacon. Raspberries and whipped cream for afters.

Comment

• Home made burger and chips, sneaky salad.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We had the cottage pie tonight as I really fancied it. Mr GF went off it a year or so ago as he said mince was tough. Having thought about the problem I cooked the mince in the slow cooker today for about 3 hours with onion, diced carrot etc before assembling the pie. 👍 I was working on the theory that if braising steak can be completely tender in 3 hours on high, surely mince can be and it won't dry out.

Cottage pie is now on Mr GF's favourite list I am happy to say. We had it with roast parsnips, cavallo nero and gravy.

Comment

• Chilli and chips tonight (with far too much wine ).
                          Chicken pot pie soup tomorrow (never done it before, so don't know what it's like)
                          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X