X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato dishes

I just found this amazing link …
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/collectio...t_potato_sides

So many interesting things to do with your spuds!

Yum!

Do please add any others you make or find onto this thread
    Last edited by Nicos; Today, 08:17 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I really fancy having a go at the hasselback potatoes as I've never had, or made, them.

I'll add potato scallops.

Peel a couple of potatoes and cut into slices about 3mm thick. Parboil for five minutes. Drain.

Mix some batter:
    Three heaped tablespoons of self raising flour, salt, pepper and enough beer, lager, or tonic water to get the consistency of double cream.

Heat some oil, at least 2cm deep, in a pan. When a drip of batter starts to cook immediately it's ready. (Or use a deep fat fryer). Dip the potato slices in the batter and put into the oil in a single layer. After a couple of mintes when the bottoms are crisp and golden, turn them over and cook the other side. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.

Enjoy with the rest of the bottle of beer!
    Last edited by greenishfing; Today, 09:59 AM.

Comment

My MIL used to chop raw potatoes- with their skins on - into small chunks about 1cm in diameter then slowly fry them in fat on the hob.
      Served with a sprinkle of salt they were like tiny roasts but quicker to cook and not needing to heat the oven.
      Delish.
      Last edited by Nicos; Today, 10:04 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Julienne potato cake

Peel and cut potatoes into matchsticks. Generously butter the bottom and sides of a frying pan (non-stick or with enough of a patina on it to be non-stick). Randomly spread out a layer of potatoes, season with salt and pepper and continue to add layers of potatoes and seasoning till potatoes all used up (no other fat apart from what's on the bottom of the pan is required). Seal the top of the frying pan with foil as tightly as you can. Put a kettle of water or other weight on top to weigh down the potatoes. Cook on a very low heat for half an hour or so till cooked. Remove foil and put a plate over the top of the pan and flip over so the browned underside of the potato cake comes out on top.

Better than chips, I reckon. And not that much fat.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; Today, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X