Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your favorite salad recipes?

What are your favorite salad recipes?

I am in particular interested in ones that don't involve much cooking or are British.

beetroot, cottage cheese, tomatoes, salad leaves, capers, oil and vinegar.

my own concoction.

Comment

Grated carrot and green apple salad, with sultanas, walnut pieces and a dressing made with half mayonnaise, half yoghurt. I came across this in the USA.
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Huge bowl of lettuce with big chunks of avacado, tomatoes,egg and crispy lardons ( chunks of bacon) all rolled together with a yummy french dressing .
        Dead simple and tasty served with a huge chunk of buttered crusty bread
        ( I made that one up)

Also I always love the simple sliced tomato with chunks of mozerella cheese and fresh basil leaves and a french dressing.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My fave summer meal is pasta salad with whatever's ready in the garden (peas, cukes, toms etc) plus gherkins, capers, sometimes tuna and either mayo or vinegarette

Comment

Thanks everyone, hopefully I will try them all when I have time.

Comment

Cauliflower (slightly cooked ) date and bannana, in mayo and lemon juice. Or, Waldorf + cubes of vintage cheddar + dates
              Save Red Admiral, Small Tortoiseshell, Peacock. Coma and Painted Lady butterflies. Dont cut stinging nettles in summer.
              Only cut nettles grown in the shade.

Comment

Whatever I've got, all mixed up and dressed with....whatever I've got.

I often have strawbs in a salad but my OH thinks that's insane. But, if it's what I've got then in it goes.

Comment

I go along with that one Zazen (although I doubt strawberries would actually get as far as the salad).
                  Dressing is Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar if we've got any, ordinary balsamic otherwise, I have a spray bottle so everything gets a light coating. No point in over-doing the dressing, it just drowns the flavour of the food!
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X