Shelley's (Wellies) courgette soup

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelley's (Wellies) courgette soup

A cracking soup that looks stunning made with yellow courgettes but tastes just as good with green ones.

1lb courgettes
    1 large onions
    8oz potatoes
    2 cloves of garlic
    1.5 pints of vegetable stock.

chop the onion and crush the garlic and soften in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the peeled and quartered potatoes and sliced courgettes and cook gently for 10 minutes then add the stock and simmer until the potatoes are soft. Blend, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.

Have got all the ingredients - home grown of course! Can't wait to have a go. Thanks! Bernie
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Mmmm, sounds rather nice, will deffo give that one a go!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

WHEN my courgette stops sulking I will be having a crack at this too - it's one thing to eat things that you've grown yourself, but for me this will be the 'next level' as it will be made ENTIRELY from what I have grown myself!

Comment

I made this last year when you posted the recipe - its is YUMMY INDEED!
          Freezes well and is easy peasy to make - very moorish!!
          smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

Sounds great PW, I'll give that a go when my courgettes decide to put some effort in.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Hmm, sounds yummy. I usually spice my courgette soup to make it more 'interesting' for OH but will definitely try this version.
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

It's pretty similar to the one I make - except that I tend to stick a few leaves of lovage in with everything! (Not too much though, or all the soups taste the same!)
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Have spent the day at work drooling all day in anticipation of making this for my tea! Absolutely super! In fact, I knew it was going to be a winner, so I made 3 x the amount and will be serving it to friends over the weekend when they come for a meal. Thanks! Bernie
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X