No announcement yet.

Will need a new mobile phone.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll see how it looks when it arrives but I bought what is supposed to be a brand new, in the box (been sitting on the shelf for a while I'm sure) Blackberry Passport. The keyboard is the part that really attracted me.

Texting is even more important to me than talking but this one will also browse the internet. It will work through Wi-Fi for internet access so it won't rack up data charges.

I went back and forth and settled on this because over the years my job issued me 3 different Blackberries and they were okay. I never used them much because they weren't mine but they were sturdy, reliable, and had keyboards except for the last one.

Since Blackberry isn't an industry leader like it used to be their phones are now reasonably priced.

I may regret it and I may not put it to its limits but it only cost a bit more than my flip phone did so I didn't do too badly ... I hope.
    Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Sounds like you've got yourself a good deal there. Can't see why you'd regret it. Happy texting.

Comment

The only reason I could regret it is because I went way off of my plan to stay simple with as close to talk and text as I could get. On the other hand, the Passport can replace my tablet, netbook, and a simple phone.

Quite a while back I had been looking for an electronic organizer to replace my old broken organizer. This will do that too.

I have grandkids. Some of them may be receiving some lightly used electronic items.
        Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Well, so much for the BlackBerry idea. BlackBerry is dropping support for their BB 10 OS devices next year. That means some features on the phone I ordered will cease working. Reset is one of those features. I can't do without having that available.

I already got my refund/return request approved and tomorrow when it arrives I'll be sending it back.

Starting over from the beginning. Maybe this is a good second chance for my idea about keeping it simple.

Thanks for your input everyone. I'll not bore you about this any more.
          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

try a touch screen once you get used to it you'll never go back Samsung a5 is cheap and imho as good as the fancy ones, I never thought. I'd use the internet on it, but I do ... definitely worth getting one with WiFi for when you want to check something quick at home and can't be bothered to wait for laptop to start up.
            3g/4g is only for browsing the internet using your phone's data if you don't have a data contract you won't need it at all, unless you want to use internet while you are out of the house, if you just have a basic text/call phone then it won't even need 3g/4g

I got a new Nokia 3310 ... was rubbish, I do have a £5 phone that does calls and texts and it's been working for 7 years ... and I still use it when I'm out and about x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X