No announcement yet.

Why Are People Idiots?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let the b*****rds grind you down and don't bother with the wax either. You enter your heaviest pumpkin and hold your head up high or MT will come there and have a nibble at it!! I find that people who like to spoil other people's achievements have small minds, very low self-esteem, and often bully others because they're just jealous. They like to think they're better than they are when in fact they know inside they aren't capable of getting the acclaim they need to inflate their so-called image. I know because I worked with one many years ago and she left under a cloud. Let us know how you went on and we'll give you a round of applause even if you don't win.
    I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

If they were mine I'd still enter them.
      Be proud and if they do start to rot still enter them. That should embarrass the little *** .
      You might even get a special booby prize
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
        It was reported to the Committee Chair - who checked his. His were fine.
        Hmmmm, 'potential suspect'
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Well, I spent a bit of time on the plot waxing my pumpkin

It looked like some weird shrine with a dozen tea lites lit, sitting on top of a washing machine drum.

I wiped them down with a few Detol wipes then, as each lite melted it's wax I gradually poured the wax onto the cut and massaged it in, first on the pumpkin in one bed, then on the pumpkin in the other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	waxed pumpkin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2380405

Maybe it will work but I think it's a million to one chance.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Sometimes, you really worry me, Jay-ell.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jay-ell;1617606]Well, I spent a bit of time on the plot waxing my pumpkin

Hope the razor was sharp
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I hope that the culprit saw you mid pumpkin ritual or at least word spreads that you’re not one to mess with if you’re known as the pumpkin healer it may freak them out

Comment

Well, if they do survive I know how they need to be carved.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Yep, got to agree that is highly out of order.

I guess you can only really pity people who behave like this; doubt it'd cross their minds that an engineered 'victory' would always be an empty one. Or maybe the prospect of a simple £20 was the clincher, even more tragic. And whatever they managed to cultivate you know it's less impressive than your effort. I think if it was me I'd still enter the sabotaged specimen exactly as I found it, and display it so the damaged side is most prominent. How much would that stick in the quietly smug saboteur's throat if they saw you walk off with the prize anyway

Comment

If you have to do it again, for example, if the wax drops off as the pumpkin grows, why not try a nice blood red colour. And a few voodoo type artifacts about the place for added effect.

And next year, grow some of those awful-sounding booby-trap cucumbers alongside.

Comment

Or the litchi tomatoes -- mind you they'll probably rip up the pumpkins anyway

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Some may remember that I cleared waste ground on our site and planted it up with flowers.
                          They were repeatedly strimmed and sprayed over a couple of years.
                          The cowards who did it underestimated my tenacity: each time, I re-seeded, and now the areas look fabulous.
                          Our site is plagued by a handful of mean-spirited men who do random acts of vandalism to other people's plots.
                          They're getting on now, so we won't have the problem for much longer
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

They did what??? Good for you for turning your nose up at them (similar to a two-fingered salute) and reaping the benefits. I hope their walking sticks get woodworm!
                            I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

The pumpkins are still hanging in there - not rotted yet but the weigh in isn't till October 27th. Still, putting on a bit of weight so they may be competitors. So far only the committee has been told of the sabotage so I'll see if anyone mentions it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hanging in there.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2380646

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

^Wow! That's shiny. Do you polish it with Pledge?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X