No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family gathering in ours for the last of the April/May celebrations.
    Gifts, cards, drinks, dinner and extended wishes exchanged for the coming year.
    A great evening had by all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• My husband is known for opening his mouth and putting his feet right in it (up to his waist) before he has put his brain in gear. But, just occasionally, he does it and unintentionally earns himself a million brownie points. Why on earth he would consider the outfit he saw in a magazine something I would have worn in my twenties I don't know but the thought that I ought to get it and could wear it now is still making me smile.

Comment

• Finding an old post of mine from 4th Sept 2011.

........you think you're a newbie? I've just looked at the normal seed swap rules and realised that I will never qualify with my weedy 4 posts in 5 years!! Only another 46 posts to go - (about 55 years). I'll be pushing up the daisies by then!! The penalties of being a lurker and not a poster!

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...tml#post889504

I think I went a bit crazy after that.

Comment

• Watching a crow dunk a bread crust in the bird bath.

I'll leave it a coffee and biscuits tomorrow!

It's surprising how big they are.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Tomato canes up and waiting for plants, at long last.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I think I went a bit crazy after that.
              Well VC "understatement of the year award" looms - 'a bit crazy' is like saying that Niagra Falls can make you a bit damp if you get too close :-)

Comment

• An unexpected and unplanned hour on the plot, leaving me feeling justified in sitting in the shade, eating my lunch and watching the butterflies.

Comment

• getting some planting started at last.

Owning trees.

the light evenings meaning I can get a few minutes at the plot/in the greenhouse after the day is done. (although I'm not a big fan of the concomitant early morning sun waking me up)

Comment

• Swallows and bee-eaters swooping up and down the valley.

Comment

• Working on a Saturday, which is absolutely bliss because the driver of the industrial sized pneumatic drill (7 foot drill bit) sitting 10 yards from my desk doesn’t work weekends ;-)

Comment

• Not letting technology beat me. I am a recent convert to the smartphone but this week after an update I lost mobile data. I hadn't realised how much I now took it for granted but after ignoring the problem for a whole day I managed to find all the settings I needed to put into the phone on my networks website and without much hope put them in. IT WORKED!!!!!! The fact that a seven year old could probably do this easily and probably far quicker is not lessening my feeling of euphoria. YES!!!!!!

Comment

• Less than a week to go. Before I go to the homebuilding and renovating show in Glasgow. Very exciting.

Comment

• That SP is going to get loads of advice and help on how to build Pumpkin Mansion.
                            You go for your dream.
                            X
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Never thought I'd say it but RAIN!

Comment

• Picking the first Courgettes of 2019
                                and
                                2 cloudbursts to soak the ground and, hopefully, top up the waterbutts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X