No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched Michael Caine in the 1 show.
    Absolute legend.
    Brilliant.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• 10 days away...having munched 'carefully ' on cream eggs, fresh bread, baby spuds rolled in butter, pork pie, some alcohol, cheesecake...and a few other self imposed 'forbidden foods ' ... no exercise apart from some gardening...that on weighing myself this morning, I have actually LOST 1lb
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm having a little solo getaway next week, two nights in a camping pod and two garden visits. I've done a little schedule planner thing, simply because I can't keep all the details and travel times etc in my head.

The title reads, "1Bee's Great Garden Escape" and the subtitle reads, "Mummy Needing To Get Her Stuff* Together And Not Speak To Any Folks* Unless She Absolutely Wants To And Then Only About a) Gardening b) Plants c) Swimming or d) Cake."

*Words changed to meet forum guidelines

Comment

• Seeing first flowers coming up on Charlotte potatoes
          And little pea pods setting
          Both these are first time plantings for me

Comment

• Nicos asked whether we really do have cicadas here. While looking for photos, I came across a person on Flickr with photos of an insect that is new to us this year: Libelloides cunii.
            https://ichn2.iec.cat/Bages//brolles...es%20cunii.htm

We have a lot of new insects this year. A worrying development (some of them look really nasty), but this one at least looks to be OK. Certainly very impressive on the wing and when resting.

Comment

• ^^^thats really pretty!

My happy is seeing that most of my charlottes are finally peeping through the soil ( nowhere near flowering, but they did get planted very late!)
              Also several neat rows of radish

Comment

• Just for you Snoop
                https://www.cicadamania.com/cicadas/...s-and-species/

Comment

• ^That I have friends like Nicos.

Comment

• Losing weight!!!!yippppeeeee

Comment

• One of the pumpkin seeds from youngest Golden Girl's in 2011 is up and on my birthday
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• expanded my business a little bit too. I have another outlet.

Comment

• Postman has just been. Thank you VC. That was a lovely surprise

You may not see me for a while now, I have reading to do

Comment

• My best friend has recently become a Nanny again. I have borrowed this little baby girl every day (they live a few doors up) and her Nanna lets me. Today the little cutie looked straight at me and smiled. 8 weeks old today.
                            My heart just melted
                            2nd Happy, I too am losing weight Nicos, head is back in the game again.
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Thursday: New bird spotted in garden, very pretty
                              Friday: Pair of small squirrels on foot path in park on way to work too cute for words. At least they were not on my bird feeder, I wouldn't be able to write on the forum what I think of them then
                              Saturday: had home made quiche with the first courgettes of the year and a side of the first of my mangetout.
                              Sunday: BBQ in the sunshine, willing for the hundreds of strawberries to turn red.
                              Monday: discovered 5 teeny tiny sungold toms amongst the flowers. And the Thursday bird has been visiting the bird feeder every day and is a Eurasian Jay, happy 10 minutes watching vids on the intraweb.
                              V.P.
                              The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Happy to hear I'm not the only one dieting.... NS ...good on ya!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X