• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The heat

Comment

• Hearing the thunder on its way.

Comment

• Being at a BBQ for my Daughters Birthday , in the searing heat.
        I am a trooper of a Mum
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Watching a coal tit enjoying a shower from my hose gun yesterday.

Previously I've seen birds sitting on branches under the oscillating sprinkler.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• The end of this heatwave.
            By gum it's been a hot'un
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We have proper, steady rain...finally
              The stuff which soaks in but doesn't do any damage

Just need a few hours of this to make any différence whatsoever!

Must say though...my lawn is almost glowing an orange /brown shade...very pretty!
              (Amazing how they can go from brown and dead to green again in a natter of days.)

Comment

• Big Mallly was in the house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  Big Mallly was in the house.
                  Thanks Snoop, nice to know you miss the madman.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Think a lot of us miss the madman..x

Comment

• My Pádron peppers are starting to form. .....and I have 6 plants. Yes!!!

Comment

• I enjoyed the sun, but complained about the watering. It was still 28c at 8pm the other day.
                        • Finally getting a good nights sleep last night as the temp. had dropped.
                        • The rain! The good kind as previously mentioned. But got soaked when I went to collect the days haul.
                        • Noticed that the 2nd flush of Mara de Bois strawberries are turning red (should be ready tomorrow,) just as I run out of raspberries.
                        • Realising I had a box of large pickle jars in the shed ready for my exploits in the kitchen.
                        • Using up 20 of my cukes to fill the box of jars! - still have 8 left though so don't worry
                        • Knowing that I still have a week left of my holiday (hurrah) before I have to go back to work (boo.)
                        V.P.
                        The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Was bringing up water from the well. Mr Snoop was watering the melons. I was standing by the French beans and just had to fling my arms out to the side and say "Tee hee hee". So I did.

Comment

• It really made me happy to see the look on an elderly relative's face when I called to see her unannounced with fresh pea pods, courgettes, fresh eggs (from my neighbour) and a jar of my lemon curd.......like a child in a sweet shop.

Comment

• Coming back with jam jars from a Vide Grenier ( car boot sale) ...as well as a few things I really didn't need but am really chuffed to have bought!

Comment

• Full water butts, the garden getting a good soaking making the veg in my little plot look a lot healthier after this weeks hot weather.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X