• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first quail egg
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mr Snoop lying in bed this morning said, "Your huerto's magic". (A huerto is a veg patch.) He's not really a gardener and I was taken aback. Maybe he's catching the bug... We had delicious courgetti with creme fraiche and smoked salmon last night. That might have helped.

Comment

• am happy to see the girls enjoying freedom of the garden,plus they are easy to call to heal,they love tiny bits of cheese,the corn rattling did no good,i just call,cooooooome on chuckchuck,they come running the white one actually leaves the ground for a few yards,plus if am seen first,they come anyway,this is very handy,if they not in my sight,also for getting them back home,they are so funny,also come begging at the patio doors chatting and squarking,i cut cheese into pea size bits,and chuck a few bits to them,they still go in and out the pen for pellets,it looks like a rugby scrum,plus they are laying well
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Our second quail egg!
          We can have one each now

Comment

• Surprising items in the fruit and veg department - especially these on a vine grown from a cutting many years ago - and ignored ever since.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0969.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	2384843

Comment

• Two weeks completed with my diet and I'm very happy to say the weight is still dropping.
              Slowed down a bit but I'm very chuffed
              Here's to another week....

Comment

• Grapes who are quick to report spammers.
                Thanks SP

Comment

• We went to the supermarket yesterday and walked down the veg aisle. I put grapefruit and mushrooms in the trolley. Meanwhile my husband was saying things like," Do you want some lettuce?". "Do you want some tomatoes?". "Do you want some beans?" "Shall we have some cucumber and radish?" To all these questions and more the answer was "No".
                  I could see an old lady looking at me in disapproval obviously thinking my "poor" husband was being treated badly and deprived of his five a day.
                  My husband had also seen her and went over to her saying, " I'm only winding her up, she's an amazing gardener and she grows all of these for us and more."
                  It's nice to be appreciated. It made me happy. It did make me realise how easy it is to judge people though.

Comment

• Something else that's making me happy. It's now "Grazing time".

As I walk around the allotments I seem to constantly munch on peas, tomatoes, rocket, strawberries, blueberries etc.

Comment

• Satan’s insidious love dust of doom makes me happy

Not many of you are going to understand that incredibly random comment

Comment

• ^^^ I do
                        Satan needs a mild partner - like Heaven Scent.

Comment

• Ooh VC, Inspired idea! That makes me happy
                          Do you want to do my marketing for me ?
                          I’ve already decided on what chillies are going in it.

Comment

• This made me laugh I can’t protect my rocket from everything,this happened last year as well. Our cat never sits in pots usually & hasn’t sat there all year up until I put the net curtain over my rocket to protect it from flea beetle,he thinks I made him a nice bed -

Click image for larger version

Name:	F7E5557C-1357-46DC-947E-680EACA97FFD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	2384997

Comment

• MR saying how he would miss the hens now,they only have to see me at the patio door and they rush up,the white one will fly over the pond if she near the pen,just to get that bit quicker,they are a delight free ranging,also come and tap on the patio door,he is always having a laugh at their antics from his chair,they put a smile on his face,and that makes me happy.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• The above two posts. Lovely.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X