No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is that wonderful time of year when everything is ripening and is ready for picking.
    I just wish that the it was a bit cooler in the kitchen when fruit is just begging to be made into jams and jellies and things need cooking before freezing.

Comment

• Just picked three melons, one Arava and two Emir. The Arava smells amazing.

Edited to add: And watching the Spice Show review of Small Pumpkin's chilli blends on Facebook.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-08-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Makes me happy to know a scam,I didn’t know where to put this but this is strange so I’ll share it incase it happens to you -
        These scam phone calls we usually block,well I had an automated call the other day & I did 1471 to get the callers number (so I could block the number) but it said my phone number. This happened three times yesterday,apparently they can ghost your number so we can’t block it,phone companies need to sort this out,so don’t be alarmed if you do 1471 & it says your number!

Comment

• Collected MR new wheels yesterday,when some shopping down the road,i came back cream crackered,i was on shanksy's pony,need more of it boohoo,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Have counted the squash. Enough to see us through the winter and more spaghetti squash than I expected.

Comment

• Just enjoying the last of the summer ...again....just when I thought Autumn was upon us
              The upside is that the courgette, cucumbers, squash, beans etc had all benefitted from the cooler , wetter weather and are now happily producing ( finally!!!!!)
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Wwinning a lovely golf sweater yesterday.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lots of things have made me happy today
                  Waking up to find that it'd rained heavily in the night so no watering was needed today.
                  ..watching the lightning just now and counting to see how long until the thunder rolled.
                  ...noticing a bucket of roses on one side in Lidl and asking if they were reduced, only to be told I could have the lot for €1 !!! A total of 80 roses
                  (My lounge now looks really lovely!)
                  ...finding time for a quick swim when I shouldn't have really.
                  ..having a long chat on the phone with a crafting friend I've not seen for 3years.
                  ...chatting to a couple of my Pilates group (not been able to go now for a couple of years) and the first thing they said was Wow...you've lost a lot of weight!

All in all a good day...and it's not yet over!

Comment

• Having a spare moment to catch up on the Vine, after a busy few weeks and a holiday. I missed you guys. Sanity in a crazy world...

Comment

• And another one.... after a summer which showcased more of my boys' most challenging behaviours than their true lovely characters, deciding on an impulse to go blackberrying, fully expecting an hour of rebellion, complaints, aggression and insults and getting instead....

... perfection.

Bliss. Two engaged, happy, co-operative children who obviously considered this some kind of hedgerow treasure hunt and bravely shrugged off stings, scratches and bugs to hunt down their treasure.

The feeling you get when the good stuff happens, not unlike a large bloom opening in the region of your heart, is utterly priceless.

Comment

• Recently I replied to an advert on Preloved with someone local offering well rotted pig and horse manure for free if collected.
                        Well I finally got to collect some last night with my little tin car trailer and it is wonderful stuff. It has a few stones/bricks in it where it wasall pushed into a heap, but is black and crumbly. Trailer is rated for 400Kgs and was well full, plus 3 sacks in the boot. So about 1/2 ton all told and no smell.
                        It did make for some effort to load and even more back at the allotments because there are no vehicle movements allowed. So Carol and I pushed the trailer up the slight firm grassy incline to the edge of the plot, before shovelling most of it out and then tipping the last bit.
                        I thing this might be the best manure find ever, I've arranged to go back Saturday for another load.
                        Who'd of thought I could get so excited about a load of s##t!

Comment

• ^Now I've got muck envy!

Lunch made me happy. Been a bit disappointed with my Vitabella potatoes (small, nothing to write home about flavour-wise, some a bit weird in texture, though I put this down to growing conditions). But today I lifted a Laurette plant. Not supposed to be ready for a few weeks yet, but it was at the end of a row and got badly battered by strong winds a while back. So it's been all floppy and had started to die. Seeing as it was just me for lunch, so no probs if not a success, I decided to lift the plant. Productivity what you'd expect for being lifted quite a while too soon, but the flavour... probably the best potato I've ever tasted. Served alongside an absolutely perfect Cuor di Bue tomato. Yum.

Comment

• I know I put this on the sunflower comp thread, but Sunny makes me smile...
                            Attached Files
                            V.P.
                            The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Seeing 4 shooting stars last night!

Comment

• That family and friends think this years tomatoes are wonderful and I've got plenty to share around.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X