No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling very proud to be able to say that I have lost a stone over the past 6 weeks
    Going to try and hold it for a while, then lose some more in the Autumn
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos what an achievement gal
      Me? Making afternoon tea last 4 hours with lovely friends
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• I’ve caught the b*****y mole!! He has been creating havoc for several weeks, laughing at me and avoiding my traps. He is no more but he didn’t ‘arf pong when I dug the trap up.
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Children happy with the new dog - he slept upside down like a baby on eldest lap after his morning run. Now smells of river mud though.....
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I see that I have been promoted to a sprout. I am hoping bean not Brussels as they have an unfortunate side effect on him indoors. He point blank refuses to eat Jerusalem arts. as well,
            V.P.
            The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Just happy to feel that the tail end of summer is still keeping autumn at bay here at least!

Comment

• There are still some nice, helpful people around. I went to the skip yesterday with my husband and some heavy, bulky waste and a nice young couple we didn't know helped us unload it and hoist it into the skip.

Comment

• Bob fell in the loch today . He was helping friends launch their boat.

This would be on the rant thread if we still had one because I actually missed it

But the aftermath when he got home was quite funny

Comment

• saw half a dozen extended family for first time in several years, an undisturbed afternoon on the plot, and pickled some beetroot too ;-)

Comment

• Gathered all my courage (they are loud, destructive, and most visits to the plot have to be cut short) and took both boys to the plot, with the 6yo's stomp rocket.

After a few minutes, a plot holder from 3 plots down wandered over and began coaching them on getting the maximum distance out of the rocket.... and yes, we did eventually achieve touch-down on his plot!* They played happily and safely for a good two hours, and by dint of doing a bit with them, then nipping away and doing a bit of plot work, I was able to harvest a bunch of stuff, clear a bed, manure it and cover it, and dig up a big bag of potatoes.

Happiness.

*For any of you worrying about trespass and damage, the plot next to ours is vacant and waist deep in weeds, the gent on the one next to that is already clearing down for winter, and I am scrupulous about making sure they never step on another person's plot without permission.

Comment

• Meeting up with good friends and just having a lovely day.
                        They have also offered to take over the care of our two smaller hedgehogs which won't quite be ready for release before we go to the uk.
                        Feeling very happy today
                        Thank you xx

Comment

• Ernie has remembered where we live, £75. Thank you
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• After splitting all my mint plants (mostly into 4 ) yesterday. I managed to find homes for the spare 31 plants.
                            Last edited by Small pumpkin; 11-09-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• An Indian summer, nice warm and breezy day, might go for a bike ride later.

Comment

• New grand designs is back on the TV

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X