No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw an "oh so cute" field mouse in the popup with my sweet potatoes. Of course when I come to start harvesting next over few weeks I might be calling it something else!
    V.P.
    The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Finding a Notebook from many years ago in which I'd written the outline for a story! It was about a fictional Greek island called Kotopoulos and there was a drawing of the "island" with a "map" showing the highlights - all based on experiences on Greek island holidays in previous years.

Greek speakers amongst you will know that Kotopoulos means Chicken and my fictional island was shaped like a chicken, hence its name!
      It seems I was fascinated by chickens long before I became VeggieChicken or had chooks as pets. Who'd have thought it? Not me.

The story never materialised but just reading the notes, in a Notebook bought in a Greek shop on holiday, made me very happy.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	BDDB72C0-0B38-4AF7-B2C1-83A62D322AEE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	2385399
        Away for a couple of days to Sligo. A LOT of heavy showers and wonderful rainbows.
        I suppose if we never got the rain we would never see any beautiful rainbows.
        PS. In between philosophical moments I got absolutely drenched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegi potager View Post
          I saw an "oh so cute" field mouse in the popup with my sweet potatoes. Of course when I come to start harvesting next over few weeks I might be calling it something else!
          Apparently this little mouse likes tomatoes, not the little mouse meal sized ones but the biggest most ripe beefsteak tomatoes. I wouldn't mend necessarily, but why does it only eat about a 1/8th and instead of going back to finish for its next meal it moves on to another one?!

Still cute tho'...
          V.P.

Comment

• So despite feeling exhausted for the last few months neglecting the garden completely and of course you guys on here too!
            I can tell you all now what’s making me happy is the pictures we got at the ultrasound of mine and Mr coffeepots tiny little sugar bowl to be!! It’s amazing now I just need to plan next years growing around being out of action in April! Any tips???

Comment

• ^^^^ fantastic news!!!
              Well done to you both
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Happy to have spent time with my family.
                Am utterly exhausted from trying to help everyone, and late nights chatting, but feeling very fulfilled.
                Happy to be back in my own bed having slept in5 different beds in 2 weeks ( funny how your own is the most comfy !!!)
                Happy that Hibou spent the night inside our bed, purring almost nonstop and drooling
                Happy to see my garden and veggiepatch are looking very healthy with all the rain they had here.
                And happy to be back on here whenever I want rather than when I have internet access
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Happy walking in the hills, a gentle breeze in the sun in the Glen, get up 2000 feet and the wind was around 60 mph plus, nearly blowing me over and cold, ground was frozen in places yet the heather was still in flower and saw a few bumble bees. The Red Deer rut hasn't got going yet, the deer are gathering and the stags were in the groups, but feeding not fighting, just one young stag trying to roar, but it was a bit lame, not his year yet for sure. The walk down sure made my knees burn, got to get fitter before I try over 3000 feet lol.

Comment

• Todays sunshine and spending the afternoon in the Garden
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FDD85885-6F41-498B-A409-844B4806718E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	2385520Happy happy happy day working and harvesting in the garden. Raked leaves and picked pumpkins onions carrots parsnips tomatoes and eggs.
                      Kept wonderful company by a cheeky robin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissyteacup View Post
                        I can tell you all now what’s making me happy is the pictures we got at the ultrasound of mine and Mr coffeepots tiny little sugar bowl to be!! ..... Any tips???
                        Oh a baby Grape! Congratulations to you both I hope your spring harvest goes well

Tips?
                        Buy plugs rather than grow from seed?
                        Get all those visitors coming to wake up "little sugar bowl" just as you got him/her to sleep to put some time in the garden to earn the right to a cuddle?
                        Invite some of the Nanna or Grandpa Grapes on the forum for a visit? Garden and kiddy expertise in one friendly package...
                        V.P.

Comment

• Addition to the above, not me angling for an invite! We have a kiddy free garden so no expertise here. Babies+me=

My happy for today, being able to have a lay in until the bright sunshine motivated me to get up
                          V.P.

Comment

• Ahhhh Posties just delivered GYO.... off to rip open the packaging to have a peruse, days off work make me happy too!
                            V.P.

Comment

• Our daughter has taken up a new hobby - fishing.
                              She seems keen, but time will tell .....
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Thanks grapes!! Cleared a bed for autum planting garlic onions and shallots so at least there will be something in the ground! So today’s something that makes me happy is getting a bed prepared to plant- I love the anticipation of what’s to come with growing things I hope my onions do better then they have before or this’ll be my last attempt (for now at least )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X