No announcement yet.

Dreams versus reality - in the garden!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is, if the garden looked perfect all the time, I would have nothing to do and I would have to change it.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just looking at it counts as doing something, doesn't it? ....... Course it does!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        In my dreams I have a picture of my garden as it will be one day, some day, next year, who knows when, maybe never. .
        Its a garden that I can wander around, picking and plucking, nibbling as I go and return to the kitchen with a basket full of edibles.
        The air is full of the scent of various flowers and herbs and I pick a bunch for the house.
        The fences are covered with edible climbing plants, fruit bushes or flowers. The fruit trees are blossom covered in spring and heavy with fruit in autumn.
        There are no straight lines, the weed-free paths meander between beds, all luxuriantly filled with plants of all types and uses.
        Birds, bees and butterflies are my companions on my walk (and none of them are pests, of course).
        Naturally, the sun is shining and all is right in my world.

The reality is quite different, weeds, rain, pests, they're all around me, but deep down, in my heart, I don't see them, because my garden is just like the one in my dreams!

How does your garden/plot compare to your dreams?
        You may not realise it, but apart from the "no straight lines" bit, your ideal garden is Longmeadow. Almost three decades in the making, and still a work in progress.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

I think looking and wandering around is all part of the "process" of turning dreams into reality. You have to absorb your garden, through your skin and all your senses until its part of you .................

and I'm talking rubbish again

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
            You may not realise it, but apart from the "no straight lines" bit, your ideal garden is Longmeadow. Almost three decades in the making, and still a work in progress.
            I don't watch GW so don't know much about Longmeadow but I've had this garden for three decades+ and its still a work in progress. My excuse is, its become larger and is now 3 times the size it was 30+ years ago. Not complaining.

Comment

Monty employs various gardeners to help with the work, don't s'pose VC would She's got the dogs already though, but I suspect hers are less well behaved than Nigel and Nelly

Comment

There was a chap about 10 years ago who came to mow the grass and cut the hedges. Efficient yes, but he had no soul! He couldn't cope with "don't mow that bit as the daffs are dying back" - so I got rid of the gardener and most of the grass - but not the daffs!

Comment

I don't watch GW so don't know much about Longmeadow but I've had this garden for three decades+ and its still a work in progress. My excuse is, its become larger and is now 3 times the size it was 30+ years ago. Not complaining.
                  Can you tell me what you used to make your garden grow bigger, 'cos I'd like to grow a bigger garden too.
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

Its all Muck and magic and working my charm on the owner of the land behind the house.............and lots of £££££s

Comment

Mine is way off my dreams. There’s just too much to do to get it how I want it. I think I’m setting my sights too high.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Its all Muck and magic and working my charm on the owner of the land behind the house.............and lots of £££££s
                        Ah well, if I did that I'd end up with 40 square feet of tarmac....
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

You could put a couple of GHs or PTs there or have a container garden and a summer house, a raised pond. It could look great, MH. Have a word with the owners.

Comment

Not my garden but my plots, I have no dreams about what it could be but it is my place to dream. When things get a bit much, I love the solitude and dream of what might or could be for my family.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              I see Brussels sprouts ready to pick alongside sweetcorn. Tomatoes and savoy cabbage. Not possible, of course.
                              So you have never been to or watched Chesea on tv then

Its all Muck and magic..and lots of £££££s
                              That last bit took me out the equation

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              Ah well, if I did that I'd end up with 40 square feet of tarmac....
                              If you could purchase it you could build raised beds
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

My dream garden is the one I will be growing this year
                                Last edited by rary; 08-02-2019, 08:27 PM.
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X