No announcement yet.

Smoking Ban

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate smoking, now I'm popping outside for a fag...the rest of you carry on the debate.
    Best wishes
    Andrewo
    Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Certainly not, even those people who are wrong have the right to put their opinion.

Phreddy

I still don't know what was offensive. Why won't somebody tell me?

Comment

AndrewO, don't interrupt when I am talking to S55

Phreddy

Comment

"Has anyone's opinion been modified by arguments put forward?"

yes.
          I think the medical effects of smoking on the brain have been missed. I believe smoking weakens the ability to think as shown by several posts here by smokers and ex smokers.

And if you believe that, you'll believe anything:-)
          Last edited by Madasafish; 18-09-2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phreddy View Post
            AndrewO, don't interrupt when I am talking to S55

Phreddy
            Woah, I hope that was humour - a forum is a free and open area of expression. Yes, I too agree with Madasafish there has been little information on smoking effects on the brain or even to some extent on the thyroid gland, the nervous system etc
            Last edited by andrewo; 18-09-2007, 04:14 PM.
            Best wishes
            Andrewo
            Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
              "Has anyone's opinion been modified by arguments put forward?"

yes.
              I think the medical effects of smoking on the brain have been missed. I believe smoking weakens the ability to think as shown by several posts here by smokers and ex smokers.

And if you believe that, you'll believe anything:-)

Fighting talk!

Having Kids destroyed more brain cells than smoking ever did!

There have been many long term statistical surveys of smokers, and if what is left of my brain can cope, the general findings so far have been....

Smoking is a stress reducer - it helps some stressed individuals relax.

Smoking is a stress inducer - it can cause stress in certain situations.

Smoking can cause/trigger some forms of cancer.

Passive smoking can sometimes cause/trigger some forms of cancer.

Non-smokers who have never been exposed to smoke can also suffer the same cancers, but the rate/aptitude seems to be lower.

Smoking reduces the lungs oxygen absorbtion rate, but only while you are smoking/inhaling smoke. The effect seems to be reversable.

I think everyone here can see the stress related effects with no need for more study.

I want to know how the studies on smoking/passive smoking related cancers alter with time in public smoking baned areas. That would be interesting! Unfortunatly it will take years for any truly fair samples to produce a meaningful result.

In the mean time, I like walking into the club and not needing oxygen! I've just never understood why anyone who wishes to be thought a 'sportsman/woman' would deliberatly reduce their lung capacity and therefore their ability to perform, by smoking! I make no claims to fitness myself - I go to swim and attempt to keep my weight within a healthy range.

Feel free to argue - you know you want to really!
              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
                Feel free to argue - you know you want to really!
                Nah! Bored with this subject.

KK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X