Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ruddy car! be careful what you wish for...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruddy car! be careful what you wish for...

I hate cars. I hate driving.

I esp. hate my OH's car, its a money-pit. Windows fall out, doors dropped, untraceable squeaks ... and you only seem able to get Talk Sport on the radio ... then on Sat I slammed my thumb in the door - trip to A&E etc.

How I wished he'd get rid of that car.

How I wish I hadn't wished that. He rang me an hour after he set off this morning in the rain to say he'd upended it into a field, after attempting first to drive thru a concrete post or three.

Miraculously, he's okay. Guess we'll be getting a diff car now...any recommendations? Small, cheap, and don't mention the words F*at or St1lo please
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 18-09-2007, 12:27 PM. Reason: typos due to broke thumb
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Oh dear. Glad to hear he is okay!!

I have driven Fiat's for many years (2 x Tipo, 1 x Marea, 1 x Punto) with very few problems. You must have had a lemon.

Can I interest you in a nice Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.2 16v?
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 18-09-2007, 10:10 AM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Certainly glad to hear your OH is OK. It must have been a horrible experience - for both of you.

My daughter tells me Fiat stands for Fix It Again, Tony

Having said that, she has a new 500 on order!

KK
      Last edited by scared55; 18-09-2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Shirl, its either a lemon or a donkey, its been nothing but trouble. Are they made in Ch*na perchance?

Comment

It gets worse. We just read his Insurance Policy and it says he is not covered for driving to work ...

... does this mean what I think it means?

Comment

I would phone them. Most people only have cars for driving to work after all and I would have thought it unlikely to be an exclusion without him being made aware of that at the time of taking out the insurance. I think it is usual for travel in association with business (like being a travelling sales rep or suchlike) is excluded.

Good luck with it.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Does the policy specifically mention travel to and from normal place of work, or does it simply exclude use in connection with any trade or profession?

Having said that, I agree 100% with Shirley. Talk to them, and ask the question.

KK

Comment

the policy specifically excludes travel to and from work - it says leisure and pleasure only. unbelievable.

why? to wriggle out of paying up? CHECK YOUR SMALL PRINT, folks

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  the policy specifically excludes travel to and from work - it says leisure and pleasure only. unbelievable.

why? to wriggle out of paying up? CHECK YOUR SMALL PRINT, folks
                  Oh dear. Just as well he was off to the shops then isn't it
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

I've just sorted my insurance out and did check that I was covered for "commuting", as that's pretty much all I use my car for....

Thanks for the warning 2Sheds and hope your OH is not too shaken up by it all!

Comment

Sorry to hear your news, so glad your OH is ok!
                      hope all gets sorted out!

Comment

Oh no, sorry to hear the bad news two sheds - but at least OH is okay. Hope it all gets sorted out for you, and quickly!
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

time to get a jeep .... drives just fine in fields ....
                          i love my jeep ........
                          http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                            Oh dear. Just as well he was off to the shops then isn't it
                            Well, that's what I said to him before he rang them. But he then forgot what I said, and told them he was driving to work, and its all got pants-up. He may now be regretting not listening to the little woman ...

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                              I would phone them. Most people only have cars for driving to work after all and I would have thought it unlikely to be an exclusion without him being made aware of that at the time of taking out the insurance. I think it is usual for travel in association with business (like being a travelling sales rep or suchlike) is excluded.

Good luck with it.
                              It up to you not the insurance provider to make sure you have the right cover and provide the correct disclosures when taking out the policy.

These days most policies are SDP Social Domestic & Pleasure this will not cover you for commuting. You can get SDP and commuting to and from a permanent place of work. But you would be better getting Business class A which would cost about £15 over SDP and give you travel to and from any business premises but not cover you for rep –ing in your own car.

Saying that glad he is ok. Its an add feeling between when you know you have lost it the car stopping and there is nothing you can do in the bit in between.
                              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X