Gardening as Rehab

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening as Rehab

I've just read that Lindsay Lohan (young American actress, always in trouble!) is in rehab again & has taken up gardening there & loves it. Apparently her dad says she is looking after the horses (even mucking them out!) & showing everyone the roses she's grown. I suppose that's where the horse muck's going. It does sound like a bit of a cushy number but it also shows once again how gardening can help people overcome problems such as depression & addictions as Monty Don & others are often saying.
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Originally posted by SueA View Post
    I've just read that Lindsay Lohan (young American actress, always in trouble!) is in rehab again & has taken up gardening there & loves it. Apparently her dad says she is looking after the horses (even mucking them out!) & showing everyone the roses she's grown. I suppose that's where the horse muck's going. It does sound like a bit of a cushy number but it also shows once again how gardening can help people overcome problems such as depression & addictions as Monty Don & others are often saying.
    Gardening is an addiction and can be depressing at times, I'd agree!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

After this growing year, I need therapy ... how about a fortnight on the town in LA?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Think you're both right, gardening can lead to depression, especially with blight, slugs,snails,floods... What time's the plane Two Sheds?
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X