Announcement

Collapse

ANNOUNCEMENT - THE GROW SHOW

Got your cup of tea ready? Click here to discover even more green-fingered ideas over at The Grow Show. There?s loads of guides for gardening with kids, indoor growing, pressing flowers and even how to throw out the gardening rulebook entirely... Click here to learn something new.
See more
See less

Question Re Attachments

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question Re Attachments

    Morning Folks

    Does anyone know if there is a way to sort the attachments of a particular thread into date order?
    Cheers

    Danny

  • #2
    The only way I know Danny is to click on the 'paperclip' it brings up a pop up box with all the attachments on that thread.

    Hope this helps.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      The only way I know Danny is to click on the 'paperclip' it brings up a pop up box with all the attachments on that thread.

      Hope this helps.
      Hi Bren

      Thanks for your response. Yes my question was aimed at sorting within the "pop up" box. Given the lack of responses I'd suggest not:-)

      As an aside with you being a "mod" are you allowed to request enhancements to the people that host the site?
      Cheers

      Danny

      Comment


      • #4
        We can certainly pass on any feedback and suggestions you have to admin...
        He-Pep!

        Comment


        • #5
          Excuse me if I'm being a bit thick, but I'm having difficulty understanding what the OP wants to view, as the posts (and so the attachments) are already in date order, in the thread.
          Is there already a way of showing all the embedded pictures from a thread? Even it that shows them out of their date order...
          If there is - and this is the point of my post - I'd like to know how to do it. Anyone still with me?

          Comment


          • #6
            TS if you click the paper clip at the end of the thread titles it brings up all the pictures in that thread.
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Ta very muchly - Every day's a school day

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                We can certainly pass on any feedback and suggestions you have to admin...
                Thanks Bario1

                We'll prehaps we can request my original question regards can the attachments be sorted into date order?

                Also, when you view/close an attachment opened from the pop-up box it closes the window, would be nice if it took you back to the pop-up window(I hope this makes sense
                Last edited by broadway; 22-10-2019, 05:41 AM.
                Cheers

                Danny

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by broadway View Post
                  Thanks Bario1

                  We'll prehaps we can request my original question regards can the attachments be sorted into date order?

                  Also, when you view/close an attachment opened from the pop-up box it closes the window, would be nice if it took you back to the pop-up window(I hope this makes sense
                  Danny I'll pass on your request, and about the pop-up box after viewing the photo I click the back button on my mouse and it takes me back to the pop-up box. Works the same on my iphone and kindle by clicking the back button.

                  Request passed on to admin along with a link to this thread.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 22-10-2019, 07:33 AM. Reason: contacted admin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Danny I'll pass on your request, and about the pop-up box after viewing the photo I click the back button on my mouse and it takes me back to the pop-up box. Works the same on my iphone and kindle by clicking the back button.

                    Request passed on to admin along with a link to this thread.
                    Thanks for both Bren, the good old back button
                    Cheers

                    Danny

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Danny, can you give me an example of a thread where you want to view all the attachments in date order, rather than by going through the actual thread which is in date order?
                      .........and why you want to do it?
                      Thanks.
                      A Chicken walks with small steps. Be more Chicken
                      https://gardenchicken.blogspot.com/
                      @realveggiechicken

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Danny, can you give me an example of a thread where you want to view all the attachments in date order, rather than by going through the actual thread which is in date order?
                        .........and why you want to do it?
                        Thanks.
                        Hi VG

                        Funny enough it was SP's who has liked your question

                        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...hot_97998.html

                        I just thought that if progress had been captured in pictures / attachments it would be handy to see these in chronological order rather than checking the 47 pages of the thread.

                        No real drama as I know enhancements cost but it may just be a tick-box exercise to sort them into date order.
                        Last edited by broadway; 23-10-2019, 06:04 AM.
                        Cheers

                        Danny

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Danny admin are looking into if your request is possible, I'll keep you updated.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Danny admin are looking into if your request is possible, I'll keep you updated.
                            Cheers Bren
                            Cheers

                            Danny

                            Comment

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            Recent Blog Posts

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X