Glad I've got some growing space.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad I've got some growing space.

Its been a funny old year for me - family bereavements and other things going on - very glad I've got an allotment. Has kept my head (more or less) together.

Feels likes its been raining for a month - today it wasn't - so went to the plot (I have half term off) - ddn't do too much - stuck some overwintering onions in the ground (didn't really check the condition of the soil so they'll likey not be the best but still..) - lobbed cardboard, woodchip, grass, cardboard onto one bed to see if it behaves and breaks down overwinter.

Had a chat with a fella who is possibly losing his driving licence due to eye issues (he's just invested in a +£3000 electric bike if its bad news. His friend may be about to lose his sight completely and have to give up his *4* allotments.

There is always someone worse off.

Though, being slightly anarchistic, I will add there is always someone better off!

Anyhow - tomorrow should see a bit more action at the plot.

Possibly sound more fed up than I am - I'm listening to this at the minute - Wurzels/Cider/Punk generally makes me feel better
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8O9...1aWKgI&index=8
    Last edited by Baldy; 22-10-2019, 08:44 PM.
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Assuming the weather lets you go there! Yes months and months of no rain, then it all arrives in October, ground has gone from concrete to sodden, on my plot.
    Anyway, yes allotments are officially good for your mental health Allotment Gardening Officially Good for Mental Health | Garden maintenance Oxford | Acorn Landscape & Gardening

Comment

Sorry to hear you've had a tough year. Gardening is always good for the soul/psyche/[odd bits of consciousness mainly driven by chemical secretions that leave scientists scratching their heads]

When I was racing, we used to say "unless you are Valentino Rossi or [mate who wasn't terribly fast], there's always someone in front of you and someone behind you" - ie there's always someone doing better than you, someone doing worse.

Keep planting and carry on...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X