Amazon Prime Scam Warning

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime Scam Warning

I've had 2 phone calls today, different numbers, with different American accents but telling me that my Amazon prime payment is about to be deducted. If you've already cancelled, or want to cancel now, please press 1.
    Don't be fooled it's a scam.
    If you press 1 you are immediately switched to a higher call charge and as if that isn't bad enough if you're silly enough to tell them your bank details so they can cancel it - you can guess what happens next can't you >

Be careful folks..

A friend warned me about this earlier today. I don't answer the phone to numbers I don't know. If they really want to contact me they can leave a message and I'll ring back if I think it's valid.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Thelma, will let our parents know.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I had this call today

It gave me an opportunity to use one of my worst insults - I have two - either
        "Lying toad" or "Go boil your head".
        Shame it was a recorded message! Made me feel better though.

My parents told me never to swear and I still can't do it. My worst expletive is "Damn".

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...2QdDrjPEuKMvRE
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 19-11-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I too have had this same call! I thought it could be genuine as I do sometimes use amazon and thought I may have clicked on prime by mistake. I reported it when I realised it was a scam. You should report it on http://scam-numbers.co.uk I had to ring my bank too to get a new bank card issued!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I use amazon all the time, can't fault them. Yesterday I realised I needed some 75mm screws for some staging in the greenhouse ordered a box of 200 at 11a.m. yesterday and they arrived at 7p.m last night for £6.76 including postage. So staging built today!

Comment

We've had this regularly for the past few months and despite telling Himself it's a scam, he has pressed 1. Good job it's on the land line.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X