How big is your plot...?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is your plot...?

As a new allotment tenant I am really interested to know what the average size allotment is. Mine is 100m2 which seems massive to me but I really have no idea how that compares to other plots in other parts of the country. I am in Bristol.

The National Allotment Society say :-
    An allotment is traditionally measured in rods (perches or poles), an old measurement dating back to Anglo-Saxon times. 10 poles is the accepted size of an allotment, the equivalent of 250 square metres or about the size of a doubles tennis court.

https://www.nsalg.org.uk/allotment-info/

Comment

Ours at 500m2 is classed as a double. Plots on our site vary from 60 to about 600m2
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

ours is about 120m2 officially, so is half a traditional plot. Our site was almost all 10 rod plots initially, but the council have had a policy of halving any which become vacant - making more plots available to meet demand, but also more manageable around family, work etc.

Comment

Standard 10 I think. Complicated by the fact i am still renting 2 half(ish) plots as i wasn't sure i'd be able to keep them up (but they are part of the same plot)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X