No announcement yet.

Mystery location

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realised that I hadn't put my reason for thinking it could be Iceland or somewhere similar. As I can't make out any chimneys on buildings and in the sixties electric heating was unreliable in Scotland due to power cuts, the other alternative is geothermal heating which was used in Iceland earlier than the sixties
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Hmmm, useful info for developing, but not on where it was sold.

I was having a look at pictures of Kyle of Localsh (sticky-out jetty with long sheds on it), but it didn't fit. Chimneys are an interesting one. Hadn't thought of that.

Comment

There wont be many chimneys on factory buildings on the quayside and you can't see many chimneys on the recent photos of Mallaig.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
          My Dad was an avid amateur photographer in the 50”s-80’s and I can remember him using My for film and paper, I would not use that as a basis of defining where the photo is. I do agree that perhaps if you can identify some boat names it might assist.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
            An unusual thread this, VC actually thinks I could be right with something:
            Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            There wont be many chimneys on factory buildings on the quayside and you can't see many chimneys on the recent photos of Mallaig.
            Well the content of that first quote didn't last long did it
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X