Is anyone else here looking into their family tree

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnie View Post
    A fine loco. Who needs the Honours List when you can have a locomotive named after you?
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

My dad was from abroad, so difficult to follow his side of the family, his parents were evacuated to Moscow during the first world war and he was born there. Records may well exist but not easy to access, my cousin came to visit after the break up of the old Soviet Union and I did get to know a bit of our history, seems I am part Viking( but then a lot of us probably are).

Comment

One of my wifes g-g-aunts was bound over to keep the peace at Wakefield sessions after hitting another woman over the head with a chamber pot during a Doncaster street fight.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

My wife has been looking at our family trees.
          One of my g-g.. aunts around 1916 was likely a gun runner for the IRA. While a similar distant uncle was a petty criminal and eventually deported to Australia having not paid maintenance for 2 children fathered when he was in his early teens but the final straw was stealing 2 ducks off the lord of the manor's pond. He then fathered another 17 children before his then wife died in a road accident.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X