No announcement yet.

A Rock quiz(the early years)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a lot of great artists back then, though not all the music carries that well lol.

Comment

What was everyone’s first gig, mine was Jimi Hendrix Experience, The corn exchange in Newbury in 1966.

Comment

Local bands at youth clubs in the early 60's, I was in one of them when at school, I think the Rolling Stones in '63 at The Leicester Art and Technical college was my first big gig.

Comment

Meatloaf, bat out of hell 2 tour NEC Birmingham
          93/ 94 can’t remember exactly

Comment

Hawkwind at City Hall, Newcastle, no idea what year.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The Stones, good start! Also was in a band briefly but we broke up because of artistic differences, our lead guitarist was brilliant and the rest of us were a bit rubbish. Saw Paul Simon at the NEC around that time, within the first 5 minutes of the gig he sliced his thumbnail off on a guitar string and was taken off stage, we thought it was all over but he came back after about 15 minutes with a thumb that looked like a lightbulb and played the rest of the gig left handed, what a trooper. I saw hawkwind at the temple in Wardour Street in an all night gig late 60's, you could get high just breathing down there, not surprised you don't remember when it was.

Comment

The Beatles. 1963 in The Adelphi cinema Dublin.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X