I think I've been 'stalked'! lol!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've been 'stalked'! lol!

Just sitting watching the tele when a movement thru the patio windows caught my peripheral vision . Oh oh! I'm being stared at.....and now its sniffing round the patio. Lol.

I think I've discovered why our flower border's mice have disappeared - its a weasel. Very cute, standing with its paws on the bottom of the patio doors looking in at me....

I didn't have the camera (and now I do its gone!) but here's what they look like, very pretty colour it was.

Attached Files
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 15-12-2008, 09:16 AM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

You need half a pound of tuppeny rice and half a pound of treacle.

Saying that, a weasel has got to be better than mice.

Comment

Ohh yes, Weasily recognised as the alternative is stoataly different
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
        Ohh yes, Weasily recognised as the alternative is stoataly different
        Groaaaaaaaaaaaan! (Shakes head in disbelief!)
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We spent 10 mins watching a weasel at Ness Botanic Gardens this morning - it was beautiful. We were about 5 paces away from it, but it just kept popping into and out of its hole, peering around, before finally leaping off into the long grass behind. Hubby managed to take a few photos.

Edit: now updated blog - there's a photo of our cute little friend in the top post.)
          Last edited by HappyMouffe; 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM. Reason: added link to little weasley photo :)
          http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMouffe View Post
            We spent 10 mins watching a weasel at Ness Botanic Gardens this morning - it was beautiful. We were about 5 paces away from it, but it just kept popping into and out of its hole, peering around, before finally leaping off into the long grass behind. Hubby managed to take a few photos.

Edit: now updated blog - there's a photo of our cute little friend in the top post.)
            Love Ness Gardens!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I used to live ten minutes away from Ness Gardens, now I feel nostalgic!! never saw a weasel there though.
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Lovely weasel pics. S.B.P. & HappyMouffe. The last time I saw some was what seemed like a family of them running along a path near Marbury Country Park in Cheshire, they kept scooting across the path into the grass at the side & chasing each other along it, I think there were about 3 or 4 of them, probably youngsters.
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

My weasely little friend was back again this morning, bounding across the patio...

It came onto the patio and was looking round the area where I put down some sultanas for the blackies & robby. It was a lovely 'ginger' colour, I thought it was a long mouse at first! Don't know if it was looking for a bit of fruit or maybe following the smell of meese, cos they sometimes sneak up and pinch some sultanas!

..where do they go in winter? Have they got nests or what?
                  Last edited by smallblueplanet; 15-12-2008, 09:15 AM.
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

He's lovely. The only wildlife round my house is the kids
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

oh Nick, how do you do it!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                        Just sitting watching the tele when a movement thru the patio windows caught my peripheral vision . Oh oh! I'm being stared at.....and now its sniffing round the patio. Lol.

I think I've discovered why our flower border's mice have disappeared - its a weasel. Very cute, standing with its paws on the bottom of the patio doors looking in at me....

You lucky, lucky b.......
                        Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                        Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                        I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

How beautiful - I didn't realise they were so small!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X