Sore throat remedies anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore throat remedies anyone?

Yet another perk of working in a school, catching everything that's going around the class, thought I would be immune by now. Any good remedies?

Gargle witrh salty water to kill any infection, sorry I know that is gross.

Then maybe some honey and lemon in hot water.

Hope you feel better soon, Mandy

Comment

juice of half a lemon, good teaspoon of honey, top up with hot water and if no-one's looking, glug in a bit of whisky.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

When I was a little'n, I was given butter and sugar mix for a sore throat - or was that for a cough
        Either way, it was a spech treat which always made me feel better, so I would say, just have something that you specially like
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

A long Holiday on the caribbean island of your choice.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Stop talking????
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm with Flummery - honey and lemon in hot water (espec with the whisky if you're at home). I've tried all sorts of lozenges etc and none of them seem to work except Dequadin, and I'm not sure if you can still get them. Be nice to yourself, keep warm, and take plenty of fluids. Paracetamol or Ibuprofen if in pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Go down to the river and find a fisherman and ask him where his friend iswhoops jacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

An ice pack or hot water bottle on the throat eases the night tickles if it's really sore.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                    Go down to the river and find a fisherman and ask him where his friend iswhoops jacob
                    lol jacob! it won't get any better laughing at these posts will it! thanks for the advice everyone!

Comment

It's gross, but a gargle with TCP does wonders and beyond that those antibiotic / anaesthetic lozenges really do relieve the pain, even if temporarily. They sell them in Boots and other places.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I'm with Alice on this one - TCP gargling is so vile that any germs pack up immediately and bugger off. It also numbs your throat for a number of hours.

Comment

Don't forget about a soak in a nice warm bath, always make you feel better.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Tyroset losanges. They are inexpensive, have been on the market for ever and work wonders for a sore throat. I would'nt be without them. Give them a try.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrsc2b View Post
                              Yet another perk of working in a school, catching everything that's going around the class, thought I would be immune by now. Any good remedies?
                              A jar of honey, a lemon, hot water and a BOTTLE of Scotch. Mix, stir well, drink until all gone. It won't necessarily cure the throat, but by the end of the bottle you just won't care!!!

Zebedee
                              "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X