E-mails

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mails

What is the shortest distance anybody has sent an E-mail? (not counting work)

Me 12ft to number one son upstairs in his bed room
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Sent one from my phone to my computer to see if the email was set up and working . I was sitting at the computer it worked
    Last edited by beefy; 21-11-2007, 05:02 PM.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
      What is the shortest distance anybody has sent an E-mail? (not counting work)

Me 12ft to number one son upstairs in his bed room
      Are you running Microsoft Exchange at home?

If not then your email will got out of your pc down the cable to the street up the phone line to the phone exchange then depending on the routing out to the ise of dogs...then possably New York back to the isle of dogs back to your phone exchange then back to his pc.

So about 8000 miles.

Its easer to shout
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I MSN'd a nudge to my son to make sure he was studying. Computer desks either side of the same wall upstairs. (??4feet?) ( well he'd of ignored me if I'd yelled!!!!)
        Last edited by Nicos; 21-11-2007, 06:45 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I somehow managed to email myself the other night????? Does that count lol?

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
            Sent one from my phone to my computer to see if the email was set up and working . I was sitting at the computer it worked
            Ditto & vice-versa.

Plus two foot to son sat on sofa while I was on the floor.
            Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
            Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
            I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Do we not talk anymore?

Comment

Yes! But sent number one son John Cleese letter (see earlier thread)he will send it to his "net" friends all over the world including "America"
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  Do we not talk anymore?
                  He did have his headphones in with the volume up while concentrating on some inane MSN chatter.
                  Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                  Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                  I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

I amuse myself by texting OH (sat on the next sofa) from the laptop. I like to see him get up off the sofa, which he's superglued to it seems, and check his text message, esp.when he's left his phone in the kitchen. Hee hee.
                    Total distance laptop to OH... 2 feet.
                    Total distance OH to his phone... 12 feet.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

3 feet from one computer in our office to the other. Easiest way to transfer documents as they won't get them networked.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X