No announcement yet.

Form an orderly queue please Ladies!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

233 left, and no queueing at the moment.

By the way, the pallets will be on your plot tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      233 left, and no queueing at the moment.

By the way, the pallets will be on your plot tommorow.
      Pallets? Plot? Think I have lost something...
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        Pallets? Plot? Think I have lost something...
        The plot?
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

A spear of mistletoe killed Baldr, fairest of the norse gods. He had a dream about his death, as did his mother. She made all living things swear not to kill him - only mistletoe didn't swear. (Because it didn't grow in the ground it probably didn't count as a plant!) Loki the mischief-maker found out about this and made a spear out of mistletoe. The absolute bounder!
          That's part of the reason it wasn't originally used in the decoration of churches and Christian homes. Pagain origins. Now, of course, it you can get it (or sidle up to Pigletwillie!) you use it.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
            Decided to try the local Sunday market (my usual source of a bunch of mistletoe) yesterday, in order to make the house festive for Madmax coming home on Thursday. You should have seen the scabby, pathetic twigs of mistletoe I was offered for 3 quid!! Let's just say Piglet's bunch would have cost me about 300 quid!!! Anyone know an online place to buy mistletoe or am I destined to have a snog-free home this Christmas?
            Someone has recommended this site to me Shirl but they're not taking any further orders for Christmas now.They do have a 'grow your own mistletoe' set though if you want to get started ready for next year!
            Tenbury Mistletoe Shop 07/08
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Thanks for the link SueA - very interesting site!
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Cor blimey, that site make my misletoe worth about £300. I have a secret place where a dozen apple trees are hanging with it, each tree has about 5-6 balls like I have in the picture.

Comment

Cor blimey, that site make my misletoe worth about £300. I have a secret place where a dozen apple trees are hanging with it, each tree has about 5-6 balls like I have in the picture.
                  You should sell them on ebay, make a packet for chrimbo!
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Piglet- they are a sign of a neglected tree and the owners should be pleased you are helping to preserve their old trees ( just don't tell them how much the stuff is worth!! ( only kidding!!)

You should drive round Normandy - there's SOOOOO much of it- and most of it VERY high up in the trees (25ft or so!)

I brought a ball back about the size of yours ( mistletoe that is....) and given loads away to friends and neighbours.
                    Do you know....no one has even given me a peck on the cheek

Think I'll go and lie down in the hallway under my branch and see if my OH finally notices it's there ( 1 week later!)
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

None growing round here - I have a neglected apple tree - might try growing mistletoe in it since the apples it has are rubbish.
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

piglet what colour lippy shall i bring for christmas day,wellie wont miss it!!!!

Comment

As I understand it, you can only grow the mistletoe from apple trees on an apple tree with any success. It grows on other trees too but tends to be a bit specific about which type of tree you put it on. It grows on poplar and hawthorn but very rarely on oak. So from a poplar to a poplar, from a hawthorn to a hawthorn etc.
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for that advice Flumm - Piglet - may I please beg a few berries from your apple-grown mistletoe? Ones you have pulled off coz we kissed you would be fine thanks!
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Cheers for the pallets Piglet, much appreciated!

And glad to know there's no wait in the queue, its so cold!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X