I make men cry, I love my job

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I make men cry, I love my job

One of my work roles is in the Australian Migration business, it is such an interesting job helping people realise a long-held dream - I can't begin to say how much I love it.

THE best bit is when I get notified by the Ozzie government bods that they have granted a visa for Mr soandso. I then have to call my client (Mr soandso) and deliver the most excellent news.

Many times I have had men crying (thankfully, with happiness) on the phone to me - I sooo love it.

Yesterday I made a lady cry and I'm about to call another
    aka
    Suzie

My former occupation was a beauty therapist and i also made men cry. In the name of vanity many a chest and back wax was in order and i enjoyed every minute of it. Used to say "No pain no gain". Job satisfaction at its best.Personally i love a man with a hairy chest and couldnt see why they would want it removed, some it was to please the GF or wife others, for effect in body building.

Comment

I thought you were going to say you were a dentist Piskie!
      You're just a sadist Jayne!
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I love my job too - I work for a project that helps people in "priority neighbourhoods" move forward with their lives in whatever way they want. We're a bit more creative with our solutions to people's barriers than "traditional" services, so it's a great feeling to see someone you met when they were at rock bottom in town looking fab and all enthusiastic :-)
        Live for something or die for nothing

Comment

I 'm a physio....I made men cry all the time!!!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

oh oh ooooh I need a physio Nicos - I have a slightly stuffed L5S1 (so the MRI said) and I am (still!!) waiting on NHS giving me treatment - this is from July

any advice gratefully received
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

I work for the Citizens Advice Bureau (voluntarily). People cry with relief over what might be the smallest of problems for most of us. There but ........
              Nicos, you're a physioterrorist - well, thats how patients described your profession to me in my nursing days. Who ever gave a physio a box of chocolates? Who gets people back on their feet? Who keeps them alive when their chests are all gunked up? Thank you physios - even if patients don't always appreciate the expertise they are getting.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thankyou Alice! ( humble smilie needed here)

I always felt very humble in my days of working on the Chest Units when I managed to loosen a grotty chest....and then leave the Ward for another emergency and leave the poor nursing staff to 'clear up the problem' ...so to speak! ( hats off to you all!)

Physioterrorist and physio -the- rapist ( same letters- same order!) and 'Oi , Physio' ( not many people got to learn my name in the early days!!)- I'll answer to most things these days!

Never ceases to amaze me how many blokes offer their groin strain for further investigation ' Acupuncuture is the preferred method of treatment' is now my reply ( grey faces....)

Comment

I think physio's are magicians in white coats! I've been to see several over the years with a variety of back complaints - some admittedly better than others, but I'm still in awe of the things they can do.

So piskie, when we eventually decide to emmigrate (after I convince lady Wayne that it's a good move), we should come and see you?
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

indeed you may HW - we are very good at what we do and very proud of our work, forgive the blatant ad but take a look at here and view the testimonials

[edit] oh and don't leave it too long, skilled migration cut off is 45
                    Last edited by piskieinboots; 14-12-2007, 07:56 AM.
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      indeed you may HW - we are very good at what we do and very proud of our work, forgive the blatant ad but take a look at here and view the testimonials

[edit] oh and don't leave it too long, skilled migration cut off is 45
                      Better get meself a skill sharpish then...

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        I 'm a physio....I made men cry all the time!!!!
                        I can vouch for that. The only difference between a Physio and a terrorist is you can reason with a terrorist

As it's Christmas and none of you know me I'll share a story with you.

I was once undergoing torture for my trapped nerve and the person concerned ( a lovely petite lady) had me (if you pardon the phrase) on my side and twisted my upper torso one way and the lower bit the other putting extreme pressure on the bit in the middle, result - the loudest fart ever, it came out so fast it burnt the cheeks of my bum

Lady Physio realised the situation and said " just relax NTG" and before I could think I replied

"If I do that I fear I'll sh1t my self !!"

I have to say she say the funny side ....
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

ROFLMAO - I've had that carried out on my back* - the twisting I mean not the farting, didn't help

*also by a petite lady!
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Yep, been there too - also except the farting!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Ha!

Bet you kept your sox on Nick though ??

( what IS it with men and their socks????)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X