DVD rental suggestions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
    Went to the movies with Suggs ay? Madness!
    Not certain but that Suggs went to school locally for a few years (at about that time) so I have always wondered. Similar looks anyhoo nice chap whoever he was
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 13-12-2007, 07:29 PM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

You could try Angela's Ashes. The film is good but the book is better. Very funny and very sad. |I enjoyed.
      And there's Chocolat. Good film, good book.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I don't watch films - short attention span! However, my daughter and SIL do - they have just rented 300 (I think that's the title. It's supposed to be about Sparta - so it sounds historical but I saw the trailer - lots of CGI and some of the baddies had a distinctly orc-like cast of feature!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          I don't watch films - short attention span! However, my daughter and SIL do - they have just rented 300 (I think that's the title. It's supposed to be about Sparta - so it sounds historical but I saw the trailer - lots of CGI and some of the baddies had a distinctly orc-like cast of feature!
          Yeah I've seen the trailers for that. Would probably not go down well with the OH who is an archaeologist and would be forever making comments about how this was wrong and that wasn't like that! LOL!

I'll stick to Jason & the Argonauts with Heywayne!
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            I took my Mum to the cinema to see that - I really enjoyed it. A modern take on an age old tale (and an old film), but with more "mythical" lean. Xerxes for example is even taller than me!! The CGI is used to emphasise things like the mythical-ness of things like the "immortals", and I thought it worked well.

I think Mum also liked the men in the film, or so she said to lady Wayne when we got home.

Edit:
            Yeah I've seen the trailers for that. Would probably not go down well with the OH who is an archaeologist and would be forever making comments about how this was wrong and that wasn't like that! LOL!

I'll stick to Jason & the Argonauts with Heywayne!
            One of my uncles is a bit of a history buff, and he was the same. I did explain to him that it wasn't a documentary - which he understood.

Make sure it's the original Jason & the Argonauts though SBP - the modern version was rubbish - in my humble onion!
            Last edited by HeyWayne; 14-12-2007, 08:46 AM.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne
              I took my Mum to the cinema to see that - I really enjoyed it. A modern take on an age old tale (and an old film), but with more "mythical" lean. Xerxes for example is even taller than me!! The CGI is used to emphasise things like the mythical-ness of things like the "immortals", and I thought it worked well....
              I think I might give it a go then HW, I'll remember what you said.

Right then guys I'm off to the MILs for the weekend - hopefully the first lot of movies are on their way according to Tesco's.

Comment

I think I might give it a go then HW, I'll remember what you said.

Right then guys I'm off to the MILs for the weekend - hopefully the first lot of movies are on their way according to Tesco's.
                Have a good weekend, and remember - "this is SPAAARRRTTTA!!!!!!"
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

My daughter & co got theirs from LoveFlim - 3 months free - then they signed up. My sister - another film buff - got the same offer but cancelled after the 3 months were up. They kept emailing her to try to persuade her to re-join. Now they have given her another 3 months free! Pays to be cheeky!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Enjoy SBP! Let us know what you think of the films you watch wont you
                    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

The holiday isn't weepy soppy, more "feel good, romance of the not having to think" variety!
                      Jane,
                      keen but (slightly less) clueless
                      http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post
                        The holiday isn't weepy soppy, more "feel good, romance of the not having to think" variety!
                        Watched it at the MILs (on Sky). BIL has bought a HUGE plasma screen and a giant bean bag - just like being at the flix (but with beanbags!)...

Anyway thought it was a fairly average, very predictable movie, without any real spark of owt. Nothing against rom coms or hollywood stuff but 'the holiday' was disappointing really - glad it saved me ordering it on dvd!

So got to go and add to my list as 3 dvds are on their way and I've got less than 10 on order! (Only a few days ago I couldn't have named 3 films I wanted to watch, and now....lol!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X